12/0 and Harnell

Started by The Great Maudu, November 26, 2017, 04:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Maudu

I don't know how common it is for a 12/0 to fit on an RS-6H but I haven't seen it before

STRIPER LOU

Big reel seat. huh!

Mike, what an outstanding setup! The reel is a beauty but the Harnell is absolutely awesome. I still have a few of these beautiful miscellaneous blanks left and plan to get to them this winter.

Keep em coming, Bud!

.................Lou

The Great Maudu

I don't think that is a custom Reel foot. My money is on a 14 / 0 Reel foot just moved to the 12.

The Great Maudu

Here's a few more pics of the two sister rods that came home with me. One is a 60# class and the other is an 80# class. 52bullseye, all three rods are compression fittings. All are in unused condition with their respective sleeves. One of the best things is I know the story behind these three beauties.

The Great Maudu

More ...

54bullseye

Very nice group of rods Mike !! You gonna let us in on the "REST OF THE STORY" about the rods ??    John Taylor

handi2

That's a sweet combo. Looks like new.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Shark Hunter

Holy Cow!!!! :o
Mike,
I have seen that phenomenon one other time.
It was from Sal.
A 12/0 reel seat with a 14/0 stance.
Those rods are breathtaking brother.
I'll show you my New Barrett when I drop off your 16/0.
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Beautiful set Mike, don't see many in that shape.  Varmac seats are very tough.

Enjoy it!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

The Great Maudu

I can't wait to see that! I'm going out of town again but I'll be back on the 7th. Maybe the 8th or 9th you can come over and bring that new magic wand.

The Great Maudu

John you wanted the Rest of the Story. After paying the gentleman for the rods he asked if I would like to know the story behind the rods. I said of course and he began telling me about his best friend, the Colonel. The Colonel was stationed in Myrtle Beach in the early 60's. He had to have the best of everything whether it was guns, fishing tackle or anything he collected. He bought these rods and reels while he was stationed at Myrtle Beach. Apparently he didn't get to use them as they show no signs of having ever been out on the water. The Colonel was a true American hero and representative of The Greatest Generation. I have included his obituary as it gives insight into an extraordinary life. Sorry for the quality of the pic but it is readable.

Crow

We owe a LOT, to folks like that !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

The Great Maudu

I realize the Harnells are the stars of the show but, I'm really curious about the reel. Here is a side by side comparison.

54bullseye

Is the one on the left a 10/0 ?