12/0 and Harnell

Started by The Great Maudu, November 26, 2017, 04:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Some of Mike's pics give the Illusion that the Harnell 12/0 is wider.
It is just a 12/0 with a 14/0 stand.
I remember Sal posting something up a while back that he had a stand that was stamped incorrectly.
I know it had to do with a 116 or 117.
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

So, this is the case of a bad picture angle :). The only reason I got on the conversation was that the 12/0 on the right appeared wider. you'll never know with Mike, anything out of the ordinary is possible :)

You have good memory Daron, that stand is for the 118, stamped 117.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

The Great Maudu

The illusion is very realistic even without a camera. The Reel stand, rod clamp, and especially the the spool with the line wound all the way to the top gives this Reel the appearance of being bigger than it actually is. I originally posted I thought it had a 14/0 stand and when Daron confirmed the bolt pattern was the same then it was pretty much mystery solved. I wonder if a 10/0 stand would fit a 9/0 Reel?

oc1

Oh, I forgot the 12/0 and 14/0 are the same width.   I'm so sorry to have confused things and screwed up the thread.
-steve

Alto Mare

Quote from: The Great Maudu on November 28, 2017, 07:05:14 PM
The illusion is very realistic even without a camera. The Reel stand, rod clamp, and especially the the spool with the line wound all the way to the top gives this Reel the appearance of being bigger than it actually is. I originally posted I thought it had a 14/0 stand and when Daron confirmed the bolt pattern was the same then it was pretty much mystery solved. I wonder if a 10/0 stand would fit a 9/0 Reel?
No such luck Mike, the 10/0 stand will not fit the 9/0.
Quote from: oc1 on November 28, 2017, 07:39:16 PM
Oh, I forgot the 12/0 and 14/0 are the same width.   I'm so sorry to have confused things and screwed up the thread.
-steve
You or anyone else did not confuse anything, I thought all were good questions.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Yes, They were. ;)
I even learned something new from it. ;D
Life is Good!

The Great Maudu

Yes, all were very good, interesting and entertaining. I'm nowhere near the collector a lot of guys on here are but I love finding interesting pieces. For me, this is THE place to come for knowledge. If it wasn't for this site I probably would have never met the Shark Hunter. It doesn't get any more interesting and entertaining than that.

Shark Hunter

I stopped by Mike's Place tonight to drop off his 16/0 and to see those Harnell Rods.
Holy Cow! The three rods look like brand spanking new.
That was a find of a lifetime right there.
Congrats Mike.
Life is Good!

thorhammer

Mike you may not have quantity at least yet but what I see is you have some serious quality in your pieces. Love seeing the old rods especially in that shape. We have a few guys sandbagging that should show some pics of their classics. Wish they were in my pawnshops to find lol.  You just get five dollar 4/0 flea market specials from me.

The Great Maudu

Thank you Shark Hunter for delivering my souped up, double dogged 16/0 shark reel. Every time I look at those Harnell rods I have a hard time believing the condition they are in. But the Barrett / Everol dipped combo you brought to show me was the star of the show. You have a one of a kind rig that the sharks will be lining up to get hooked on. Anyway it was a fun afternoon. Come back anytime.

The Great Maudu

There's plenty of quantity too.

1badf350

Mike is that your collection?
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

The Great Maudu

That was part of it. I had so much stuff I decided to take what I didn't want or need and open a booth at an antique mall.

oc1

You're scaring me Mike.... what with the hang tags and display cases.  We might have to do an intervention.
-steve

1badf350

nice
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"