Camarones al Ajillo w/ Arroz blanco

Started by STRIPER LOU, November 28, 2017, 11:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STRIPER LOU

Price Chopper had a super deal on jumbo, cooked, peeled and deveined shrimp for $8.99/lb.

Garlic shrimp over pasta or white rice is tough to beat and I'm stuffed!

Olive oil and butter
Onion's
Shallots
Garlic (lots)
Crushed red pepper
Lemon
Baby capers
Parmesano Reggiano
White wine
Parsley and Basil
Salt, Pepper, and garlic powder to taste + a pinch of sugar
1 lb  cooked peeled and deveined shrimp.

Super simple, sauté ingredients except for shrimp and grated cheese in 1/2 c evoo and 1/4 stick of butter. Deglaze pan with white wine + a little extra, and set aside.

Toss shrimp in salt, pepper, garlic powder and evoo. Cook for a few minutes max on each side. Add reserved ingredients along with a couple tablespoons grated cheese to the frying pan for a minute or two.

Serve over pasta or white rice. Mixture should be wet enough to mix in a bit with the rice or pasta. If too dry add a bit of chicken broth.

Really easy and REALLY good!

Almost forgot, .. washed it down with a Yuengling that was in the freezer for a few minutes. It just don't get any bettah!!!!

All have a great evening,  ..  Lou

coastal_dan

Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Rancanfish

Oh, that looks good.  I would be going the pasta route.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Dominick

Pasta or risotto that made me salivate.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

STRIPER LOU

Gracie is Spanish and loves rice so I have to keep her happy. I did buy and extra bag of shrimp though and the next one will be over pasta.

White wine and baby capers put it over the top. The people from Spain make it similar but with baby shrimp and its called gambas al Ajillo. They serve it mostly with crusty bread and that's it!

Its good but I like mine better.

...................Lou

Alto Mare

Looks good Lou! my brother and his wife are visiting from Italy, she's from Santo Domingo and loves Camarones.
This is the first time meeting my family... she came to the right house :)

Best,

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

STRIPER LOU

Sal, I think the king and queen of England would be happy eating at your house! Everyone likes to eat but for some of us, its a passion! We're doing something right, huh Bud?

..............Lou

Tiddlerbasher

Lou that's yum!

Tonight I cooked tagliatelle (fresh made) ai frutti di mare (prawns, squid, octopus, green lipped mussels and some bits of fish) onion, garlic, olive oil, white wine, parmigiano, touch of chilli  and flat leaf parsley and basil - and pretty much anything else that came to hand :D
The wine was a tempranillo from Navarra not Italian - but my house my rules :D
My wife just looked at me and smiled.
Yeah! Life is good sometimes ;D

Bon appetit Ohana :)

STRIPER LOU

Chris,
Gracie and I went to Supreme Seafood today for late lunch, early dinner. We had the lunch portion seafood supreme platter. It came out and it was huge! We split it and still ended up taking some home.
We go there whenever we get the craving and its the best deal going at $25. a platter.

Needless to say I'm stuffed, but I'll bet I could eat a plate of yours right now.

Any of the seafood sauces, frutti di mare, cioppino, clams, mussels, any of it,  .... I'm in!!!

I can see why the lady was happy. Ah, the simple pleasures in life ;D

.................Lou

Tiddlerbasher

ChileRelleno

Rice, one food pretty much the whole world agrees on.

Man those skrimps look tasty, nice meal, looks great!
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."