My Critter Gitter

Started by xjchad, November 30, 2017, 10:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xjchad

Hey guys,
Thank you for all the kind words and interest in this!

I talked with Alan, and I'm going to start offering the Adjustable Mag Kits and the Spacer Bar Braces for sale here soon.
As soon as I'm geared up, I'll put up some posts in the For Sale forum.

In order to help me get going, please message me if you are interested.  Let me know what parts you're interested in and how many.  This will help me get stocked up on what I need.

As far as the Mag Kits, for those that are unsure of doing the drill/tap of the side plate, I can do it for you.
I'm also working on a 2nd version that will not require tapping the side plate, just drilling the hole.  This is still a month or so out as I need to have some parts machined.

For the Spacer Bar Braces, I will work with you to make kits to fit as many reels as possible.  Let me know in your message what reel you want them for. 
Right now I have the ones for the 155 and I'm working to figure out exactly what other reels these will fit.  If you have a narrower reel or different diameter, bar spacing, etc. let me know and I'll work with you to get them designed and produced.

PM or email @ cjsreelandrig@gmail.com

Thank you!
Chad
Husband, Father, Fisherman

thorhammer

155 will also fit 200 Surfmaster and 140 Squidder, perhaps more.

160, 150, are same

180, 100, 146 are same

xjchad

Quote from: thorhammer on December 20, 2017, 07:46:32 PM
155 will also fit 200 Surfmaster and 140 Squidder, perhaps more.

160, 150, are same

180, 100, 146 are same

Thank you for that very helpful info John!

WestCoast Transplant

I have some 180s that could use stiffeners.
The best place to be is outdoors

Pelagicide

QuoteI landed that Black Sea Bass while fishing for sharks/rays, so I was using my heavy gear.  Thank goodness, cuz it still was a heck of a fight!

Yeah, I bet it was! Is that the same kind of Black Sea Bass we catch on the east coast on wrecks and such? It can't be - or you were fishing near a nuclear power plant! Honestly, that is the biggest Sea Bass I've ever seen! You don't happen to be a wizard at Photoshop, are you? no reason just curious! (joke - that's an impressive fish!)

xjchad

Quote from: Pelagicide on June 06, 2018, 09:28:29 PM
QuoteI landed that Black Sea Bass while fishing for sharks/rays, so I was using my heavy gear.  Thank goodness, cuz it still was a heck of a fight!

Yeah, I bet it was! Is that the same kind of Black Sea Bass we catch on the east coast on wrecks and such? It can't be - or you were fishing near a nuclear power plant! Honestly, that is the biggest Sea Bass I've ever seen! You don't happen to be a wizard at Photoshop, are you? no reason just curious! (joke - that's an impressive fish!)

I'm pretty sure it's a different Black Sea Bass than what you're catching on the east coast.  They used to be very endangered here and are protected.  They are making a comeback thank goodness!
That is actually a small one.  They can get 400+ lbs.