Here we go again.

Started by Bryan Young, December 03, 2017, 02:11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noviceman

OOps...sorry .....Hope you have a great visit....Also hope you enjoy Dick & Jones...Old established supper club for many many years.....Wasnt aware you were doing something besides being a guru on the AT site.....And our Green Bay Packers are leading Tampa Bay 17-10 in third quarter...Go Pack...

Noviceman

Just reread your msg about needing anything....Greatly appreciate the offer....Just taking these penns apart for fun now...Like to learn new things..Successful trip for you....First time in Neenah, appleton??

Bryan Young

Yes. This will be my first time.

I've driven through Madison on my way from Rockford, Illinois to Decorah, Iowa.  But that's the extent of my Wisconsin experience.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

El Pescador

Bryan,
I can help you with this!  AND why didn't you call 1-800- RECON German Food, I would have picked up the phone!!!!

Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota...  IT is all the same, and these are my people!!!!

#1 to German Food to look for is Knefla Soup - Creamy Chicken & Potato Soup - Just ask which restaurant has the best Knefla soup and head there.

#2 is Sausage, more specially, Fry Sausage.  Here is a good shot, but let me orientate you on what food is on this plate.

Starting at 12 o'clock - this is Strudel!  Farm Food for sure. NOT the dessert strudel, but the food that will let you plow the back 40 and them some.

And this is what strudel looks like begin prepared by an expert - My Aunt Sandy!!!!

3 o'clock is Dill Pickles - EAT lots of this item, great probiotic.

6 o'clock - Fry Sauage, and you want to peppery kind, with mustard.

9 o'clock is a chicken from a batch of chicken & dumplings

You want to really step over the line at a German place, order Blood Sauage and Headcheese. Yum Yum.  These are eaten without mustard.

This is one item you will NEVER see on a menu - Kase Knefla or loosly translated to "Cheese Buttons".

ON a good night I can eat 15 of this gut sinkers

ASK for this snack food - we call it Kuchen (pronounced KOO  - ken).  IF there is ONE German food that will get relatives to drive 200 miles for a get together, is this one.  My favorite - Prune Kuchen!

Now for some proper use of local language.

what we call lunch here is called DINNER there,

Our Dinner here is called SUPPER back there.

And Bryan, when driving down the roads, DON'T forget to wave to people, a simple raise of the right hand if you are drving will suffice.

Have a great time, and when it get cold outside, ask for a coat, they only wear jackets in the fall!!!!!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

mikeysm

Fried perch and potato pancakes at your local pub. Great fishing also.

Mike

Noviceman

Hey Bryan...you mentioned visiting our aircraft museum....It is awesome...Here is the website if you want to check it out..

https://www.eaa.org/eaa-museum

Better button up also...High temp for tomorrow is 28 and Wednesday its 25.

Hope you having a great trip... 

Bryan Young

Well, it's officially cold.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Mjg378

Brian.   I've spent more than a few days in Appleton.  I do recommend long underwear! 
It's been awhile though so unfortunately I can't remember a restaurant but something to look for since you like local,   brats and Cheese curds!   They also do fish boils that are very similar to a crab boil with corn and other extra ingredients if you can find It.   Stay warm!   
Mike Grosman

David Hall

Now that's a system shock for an island boy!  Been more than 30 years since I lived in temps like that.  I can still feel it.

Swami805

Winter has arrived here in Santa Barbara, Had to break out my ReelOhana hoodie. I don't know how you guys do it. 
Do what you can with that you have where you are

happyhooker

Well, BY, if you left on Wed. like you had planned, you got out of Dodge just in time.  Low in Appleton this AM was 18 degrees, which beat the temp on my thermometer in Minnesota by 16 degrees, as we just missed our 1st below zero temp.

Frank

Bryan Young

Well, I ended the trip with a fever and chills hours before my departure. I've been sick like a dog ever since. At least no fever but the symptoms are the same. Chills. Cold sweats head aches but still no fever.  Strange. Hope it passes fast.

Noviceman

Hope you are well soon Bryan....Hate to say but winter here is just getting going....had to shovel today....the below zero temps are coming....Hope you had a successful trip here....My wife and I went to Dick & Joans hoping to run into you  but we either came too early or you went another night...

Bryan Young

I ate lunch upon my arrival. The smoked pork chops were excellent.  I may be back next year. I'll let you know.

The meeting went well. So well that I discovered early on that I was the wrong person to attend the meeting but we all made the beat of it and thankfully my colleagues were available to join into a teleconference to discuss issues associated with their product.

I didn't realize that Appleton was such a high quality manufacturing hidden gem.

Swami805

Hope you feel better soon,at least it won't be so cold
Do what you can with that you have where you are