Main Menu

First post

Started by D.DAY, December 03, 2017, 02:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.DAY

Hi everyone,

My name is David and I dabble a bit in service and maintenance of my own gear. I really like this site and all the info it has so I joined.
Thank you Alan and everyone.

I live in So Cal and have a small boat that I fish for saltwater bass and hoop for Lobsters. I also jump on sport boats occasionally out of L.A. or S.D.

I have a bunch of Shimano reels from spinners, bait casters up to TLD 25. I also have some Penn's my dad accurized back in the day.
I have been checking out service for a Tyrnos 12II that is on its way from an Ebay seller. I plan on service and a new drag. I have learned to combo up the Trynos 16 tutorial with the TLD20/30II tutorial to get this done. Wish me luck

Thanks again   

happyhooker

Welcome, David, from Minnesota, USA.

Frank

Tiddlerbasher

Hi David - Chris from the UK :)

foakes

Welcome aboard, David --

From the Sierras of California.

Always makes me feel good when some of my friends who I have set up accutitized, tiburized, or newellized reels for -- come back from a trip with an ice chest full of filets.

They go on to say how the younger guys just laughed until they saw them just bringing fish after fish over the rail with no drama or fanfare.  Just another day at work with the proper tools (and experience in how to effectively use them).

After that, it is always questions about the gear, where did you get that, man your a lucky fisherman. 

Lots of modern fisherman make the mistake of equating gear for luck.

They do not realize that the experience of a competent angler is the key.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

D.DAY

Thank you Frank
Thank you Chris
Thank you Fred. That is some wisdom right there.
Nice bench btw.
Happy to be aboard

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Dominick

Welcome from San Mateo, CA  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bill B

Welcome David......Bill, Riverside,CA
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Captain64-200

Fred from Biarritz ,

Alto Mare

Welcome Dave!
Sal, from the opposite side...enjoy your stay...
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Swami805

Welcome, They say if you master all the techniques for catching calico bass you can catch just about anything that swims in So-Cal. My favorite type of fishing!
Sheridan in Santa Barbara
Do what you can with that you have where you are