Hello everybody ..

Started by Captain64-200, December 03, 2017, 05:06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Decker

bienvenue, capitaine!  nous sommes d'un millésime similaire   :D

https://www.google.com/search?q=google+translate%20%20bienvenue,%20capitaine!%20nous%20sommes%20d%27un%20mill%C3%A9sime%20similaire
avec Google je suis un génie  ;D

Captain64-200

Thanks Mr Decker ! you talk fluently google french  congratulations !  ;D
Fred from Biarritz ,

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

conchydong

Welcome to the club. I went to France in the 80's and had a blast. Rented a car in Paris and drove through the Loire Valley, and ended up in the South. Stayed in St. Tropez during Bastille Day (very crowded) and then went to Monaco to see the Oceanographic Museum as I grew up watching The Undersea World Of Jacques Cousteau like a religion. I was a little disappointed with the museum but it was still worth the effort.
I survived by learning a few basic phrases in French, The most used one was "une bouteille de vin rouge".
Enjoy your stay here as there are a lot of very intelligent reel repair and  guys here. I am not one of them as I am more of a fisherman than a reel nut but enjoy learning from them .

Scott

Bill B

Welcome Fred......Bill, Southern California
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Captain64-200

Quote from: alantani on December 06, 2017, 11:14:56 PM
welcome!!!!

Hello Alan , thank you ,I already feel like home . Great work here ! good advices and tips about those tiny parts in our beloved reels !

Quote from: conchydong on December 07, 2017, 12:25:14 AM
Welcome to the club. I went to France in the 80's and had a blast. Rented a car in Paris and drove through the Loire Valley, and ended up in the South. Stayed in St. Tropez during Bastille Day (very crowded) and then went to Monaco to see the Oceanographic Museum as I grew up watching The Undersea World Of Jacques Cousteau like a religion. I was a little disappointed with the museum but it was still worth the effort.
I survived by learning a few basic phrases in French, The most used one was "une bouteille de vin rouge".
Enjoy your stay here as there are a lot of very intelligent reel repair and  guys here. I am not one of them as I am more of a fisherman than a reel nut but enjoy learning from them .

Scott

Hi Scott ,  i see there's still strong memories about this trip to France ,  you're right ,   "une bouteille de vin rouge" is an emergency device  and solve a lot of problems ... ;D

I'm just back  from the Loire Valley  at Chenonceaux and Amboise (a good Friend lives there )  , we've tried to taste ALL white vines ,but we did'nt succeeded ...it's a beautiful place.

My SW hometown(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biarritz)  is less known than the Loire  ,except for good surfing (since the 60's)  and the Cadillac "eldorado Biarritz"   , of course lots of cheese ,wine and cured ham  ;D

Thank you for the welcome !

Quote from: Bill B (Tarfu) on December 07, 2017, 04:52:17 AM
Welcome Fred......Bill, Southern California

Thanks Bill !

And to everybody , apologies for my poor english .
Fred from Biarritz ,

Swami805

Welcome from Santa Barbara, Your English is better than a few of the natives on here. Sheridan
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Captain64-200

Thank you Sheridan  ;D

Hi Keta !
Fred from Biarritz ,

happyhooker

Welcome, from Minnesota USA.

A la prochaine.

Frank (Francois)

Captain64-200

Merci François ! à bientôt ... ;D
Fred from Biarritz ,