Captain64-200

Fred from Biarritz ,

Tightlines667

Quote from: Captain64-200 on December 04, 2017, 06:02:44 PM
A Peerless BAM  620

Ding...
Ding...

I think we have a winner!

Provided, of course, money is no object ;)
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Decker

Okay, can we at least photoshop that reel onto the rod?  Really want to see it!

Captain64-200

Quote from: Tightlines666 on December 04, 2017, 06:50:27 PM
Quote from: Captain64-200 on December 04, 2017, 06:02:44 PM
A Peerless BAM  620

Ding...
Ding...

I think we have a winner!

Provided, of course, money is no object ;)

This one does'nt belong to me ,but I have the exact same blue 620 M model in the boat ( only difference : manual bail )   ;)
Fred from Biarritz ,

Alto Mare

Not a 12', but it is from around the same era. Here is what a Shakespeare looks like on a Fenwick

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

philaroman

I'd display that rod in my hands...  rebuilt w/ Fuji SiC & matched w/ modern reel best suited for 40-60# braid

1badf350

So I finally found this Crack 300 at a flea market. Normally I would have passed over it but I thought back to this thread. Thanks for your recommendations guys! Appears to have never seen use.

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Tightlines667

Quote from: 1badf350 on March 15, 2018, 07:26:52 PM
So I finally found this Crack 300 at a flea market. Normally I would have passed over it but I thought back to this thread. Thanks for your recommendations guys! Appears to have never seen use.

Nice!
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Swami805

Where do you come up with this stuff?  Man,one after another. Nice reel
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Captain64-200

This one is brand new !   :)   very nice (and strong )  reel   ,congrats ...
Fred from Biarritz ,

1badf350

Quote from: Swami805 on March 15, 2018, 09:52:12 PM
Where do you come up with this stuff?  Man,one after another. Nice reel
To be honest I know absolutely ZERO about these reels. I just saw it for $40 and was thinking about how many of you recommended it for my Fenwick so I bought it.
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Ron Jones

Gotta be a Mitchel 302, or a 303 if you use the correct dominant hand.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Alto Mare

Quote from: 1badf350 on March 15, 2018, 07:26:52 PM

Trade/offers? :)

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Penn Chronology

QuoteSo I finally found this Crack 300 at a flea market. Normally I would have passed over it but I thought back to this thread. Thanks for your recommendations guys! Appears to have never seen use.

Don't want to rain on this choice; but, the Crack 300 was not introduced until 1968.

A more proper reel ( and this is because I am sort of fond of Penn ) would be a first generation Penn Spinfisher 700. It was introduced in 1962. This would be a perfect option for a period correct display piece.

Or, if you want to stick to a Luxor, try the "B" or "C" models from the late 1950's and early 1960's. In the photo is a NOS Luxor No. 3---"B" Model made up to 1959. Same size as a Crack 300, except with a drilled spool.

Penn Chronology

QuoteSo I finally found this Crack 300 at a flea market. Normally I would have passed over it but I thought back to this thread. Thanks for your recommendations guys! Appears to have never seen use.

That NOS Crack 300 with the box is an amazing find. Believe it or not, these reels were made for many years. The last Crack's were made in 1999.

Finding NOS models is not easy. These Luxor reels were used and used hard. They were the Van Staal reels of the 1960's and 70's. In my opinion, the modern Van Staal reels are copies of the old Luxor internal design.