Shoe Polish?

Started by Noviceman, December 05, 2017, 01:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noviceman

Did I read on this forum somewhere that people use shoe polish on side plates???    I have been using just car wax which does an ok job and also heard that some use chrome cleaner/polish??   Just wondering how these work.

Getting blown away in NE Wisconsin today....Up to 50 mph gusts possible today....

RowdyW

Try some automotive polishing compound (the white stuff) with a buffing wheel. When you get it shiny enough to your liking then wax it.       Rudy

Aiala

Try this stuff... it's amazing:

I use it on my stainless steel guns... they positively gleam!  8)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

thorhammer

Lady A coming out of the woodwork! Good to hear from you. Where do we get this?

Dominick

In the Eastern European market.  Polish.  Get it?  I know it's pretty bad when you have to explain your jokes.   :D ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Aiala

Quote from: thorhammer on December 05, 2017, 04:29:15 PM
Lady A coming out of the woodwork! Good to hear from you. Where do we get this?

John, I bought mine at True Value, but it's widely available... check here: http://www.flitz.com/dealer-locator.html

And, of course, Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Flitz-LQ-04587-Plastic-Fiberglass/dp/B0025QZMRI/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1512494077&sr=8-4&keywords=flitz

~A:)

Aiala

Quote from: Dominick on December 05, 2017, 04:32:30 PM
In the Eastern European market. Polish. Get it? I know it's pretty bad when you have to explain your jokes.   :D  ;D Dominick

"Pretty" bad??  ::)

Dominick, your desperation is showing. Maybe you should go buy yourself a nice Christmas Speedo? Y'know, green and red, with cute little Santas and Rudolphs and elves.  :D

~A~

Dominick

Quote from: Aiala on December 05, 2017, 05:27:43 PM
In the Eastern European market. Polish. Get it? I know it's pretty bad when you have to explain your jokes.   :D  ;D Dominick

"Pretty" bad??  ::)

Dominick, your desperation is showing. Maybe you should go buy yourself a nice Christmas Speedo? Y'know, green and red, with cute little Santas and Rudolphs and elves.  :D

~A~

:D ;D :D ;D 
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Dominick on December 05, 2017, 06:18:50 PM
Quote from: Aiala on December 05, 2017, 05:27:43 PM
In the Eastern European market. Polish. Get it? I know it's pretty bad when you have to explain your jokes.   :D  ;D Dominick

"Pretty" bad??  ::)

Dominick, your desperation is showing. Maybe you should go buy yourself a nice Christmas Speedo? Y'know, green and red, with cute little Santas and Rudolphs and elves.  :D

~A~

:D ;D :D ;D  
He probably already has one of those ;D :-*
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

David Hall