Milwaukee 12V Set -- Very Good Value

Started by foakes, December 05, 2017, 09:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

I have had these exact (2) tools for 8 years now.

The driver is the one I use for reel work -- and nearly any medium duty chores around the house, jobsites, automotive, or honey-do tasks.

Still going strong -- and this is about half price from regular pricing.

The impact is effective and very useful also -- but not for reel work.  

The torque clutch can be dialed from 2-18, variable speed, snap in bits, ergonomically perfect and well balanced for me.

Led light, and battery charge indicator are also useful.

These are tough tools.

Best,

Fred

http://www.truevalue.com//catalog/product.jsp?productId=75683&parentCategoryId=0&type=product&cid=gooshop&source=google_pla&9gtype=%7Bifsearch:search%7D%7Bifcontent:content%7D&9gkw=%7Bkeyword%7D&9gad=%7Bcreative%7D.1&9gpla=%7Bplacement%7D&ctcampaign=4680&ctkwd=%7Bproduct_id%7D&ctmatch=&ctcreative=%7BCreative%7D&ctplacement=211288-49748505579
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Swami805

I've had that same drill driver for several years and like Fred said a great too for around the house. The battery lasts a surprisingly long time too. Paid 99 for mine without the impact wrench. That is a good deal. I have the little vacuum too that is good around the shop
Do what you can with that you have where you are

David Hall

Funny I recently purchased a Milwaukee cordless ratchet that uses the m12 batteries and was thinking I need to find more tools that use this battery.  I'm going to pick this deal up.

Gobi King

I have the same experience with Milauwkee battery tools,

I bought a 12v NICd impact wrench around 18 years back. It is still running with the neglect it suffer.

All my other $$$ battery tools both NICd and LI have been disappointing as I have lost expensive batteries because of lack of use.
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

Gfish

Can ya get the drill-driver by itself? My choices are H. Depo, Ace & 2 independents on the island, best choice
?
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

foakes

Yes you can,  the price is $99 each with a charger and two batteries here on the mainland at HD.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Gobi King

they have a larger 12v milwaukee set at HD in the christmas special combos, I think it is 199 but has ton more stuff in it. you can sell the tools you don't need and keep the ones you need.
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

oc1

I have those same ones.  They're on their second set of batteries and the batteries need to be replaced again.  One of our sons moved home from school with a bunch of Makita 18v Li tools so instead of getting new Milwaukee batteries I got the smallest Makita impact and chuck drills.  The Makitas has more power and some sort of thing that sends them into overdrive if they start to bog down.  They also charge faster.  But, the Makita are much heavier and bulkier than the Milwaukee.  Gregg, over here the local ACE has the Milwaukee line.
-steve

Swami805

We use the makitas at work and I have 18v dewalts at home too. If you have to drive a bunch of 3" deck screws the 12v milwaukee isn't the right tool. But for a small around the house fit in your pocket tool it's fine. Mine also doesn't have a chuck, you need different drill bits. Those mikitas are nice, if I had a do-over I would get the mikitas over the dewalts. That overdrive feature is nice. The mikita batteries seem to last longer too.
The $99 was money well spent for just the drill I figure, great deal with the other tool thrown in.

foakes

I have Dewalts and Ridgids that I use on a regular basis for large jobs.

But for reel work, electrical, driving screws quickly, doing automotive work, and just tossing in the go-box, these little Milwaukees work well for me.

When the green full charge light comes on -- I remove the batteries from the charger.

I like the quick 1/4" snap-on for different bits and I buy the titanium drill bits with the quick release -- or I use this quick release chuck that is always at hand.

Best,

Fred

--------

Fred O.

David Hall

I spent two hours on Milwaukee's website, loaded about 536 dollars worth of m12 tools into my shopping cart and emailed. It to all my kids!
See what happens?

Swami805