Penn Warfare 20N

Started by dogtagger, December 17, 2016, 11:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

handi2

I'm sure the pin comes out. It wouldn't be listed as a separate part on the schematic. It would be part of the spool.

This is where spool pin pliers come into play.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

dogtagger

Handi2-- thanks for the tip on the pin pliers. It looks like Boca has one that would work. What do you use? I see some guys us home-made tools.

Penn doesn't list either the (right side) bearing or pin as separate parts, they are listed as part of the spool. The note from mysticparts.com says they have found a replacement bearing that will work. The left side spool bearing is held in place by the funky plastic washer which slides onto the shaft pretty tight.

Merry Christmas
Dave

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"

mizmo67

Quote from: dogtagger on December 21, 2016, 03:06:44 PM
The note from mysticparts.com says they have found a replacement bearing that will work. The left side spool bearing is held in place by the funky plastic washer which slides onto the shaft pretty tight.

Yeah, we get a lot of people that try to chase down those bearings so if we can get them out, we try to find a match for them, knowing someone will ask about it down the road.
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

Gfish

Dogtagger, not to sure 'bout applying heat to a spool shaft, ( to get the pin loose)but alotta guys here talk about using it to losen stuck parts. Myself, I've used it only once to get a screw-apart side plate offa very old baitcaster. Don't know if the heat'ed ruin somethin else, though.
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

jeje05

Hello can someone please re-upload the photos please?

Thanks

Keta

They are being held hostage by Photobucket.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain