Trip Report - Puerto Vallarta with Alan, Mark T. and Dave Hoffman

Started by Wally15, December 09, 2017, 01:04:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wally15

Quote from: alantani on December 20, 2017, 06:41:11 PM
brendan, want to be my travel buddy for puerto vallarta?  i should be able to get us a 2-for-1 companion flight on alaska airlines.  i already have your passport info to book a flight. 
It's a done deal. Got confirmation from Danny that the Mar 19-23 trip on the Marla IV is OURS and the deposit has been sent. We just need to let him know what time everybody will be at the Oxxo at PVR so they can pick us up.
It takes a whole lot of this to hurt me!
Brendan, he just wants a travel buddy to help him tote all his STUFF!  ;D
Merry Christmas
Miguelito
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

alantani

i found a united flight that departs SFO and arrives in PV at 2pm.  brendan, if you want to, go ahead and book the flights.  you should have all the info you need.  plan on staying over at my house on sunday and friday nights. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

MarkT

I'll start looking for a flight to arrive the afternoon of the 19th, coming back on the afternoon of the 23rd.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

David Hall

I'll stay back and keep working.  You guys go slay them, I'm planning a trip down there soon.

MarkT

I booked a direct flight on Delta from LAX that arrives at 2:38 on Monday and leaves at 3:35 on Friday afternoon.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Wally15

Quote from: MarkT on December 21, 2017, 03:09:19 PM
I booked a direct flight on Delta from LAX that arrives at 2:38 on Monday and leaves at 3:35 on Friday afternoon.
I'll probably take the Delta flight out of Jacksonville that arrives PVR at 12:10 and departs at 1 PM the 23rd. It's actually cheaper, and less hassle with traffic and TSA, for me to drive to JAX and take a JAX-ATL-PVR flight than it is to drive to ATL and take the same direct flight. Go figure!
I'll keep a cold barley pop waiting for you at the Oxxo!
GA Miguelito
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

alantani

brendan just booked a pair of flights for us on united, arriving 2pm on the 19th.  hopefully it won't take an hour and a half to get through customs again! 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

stoked4fishin

Hey Mike
The timing may not work for me, as the October is end of the year for me at work.  Still trying to figure something out though.

Wally15

Now that we have worked out the details of our Cedros trip in September, I need to focus on the PV trip coming up in 5 weeks (19-23 March)
Note: we probably ought to start a new topic for this trip.
Here's what I have arranged so far.
I'm arrive in PVR at 12:10 PM on Delta 397
I'll bring about 250 vacuum bags. That should be enough for everybody.
I'll only bring one 50 qt cooler. I still have plenty of tuna in the freezer from my 2 December trips. If we catch some pargo or calico, I'd like to bring some of those back. The wife likes those; tuna, not so much. I need some of you "chefs" to give me some pointers on searing tuna steaks.
I'm not bringing any tackle. Alan is bringing me a new blue Mak 20 reel to christen on a cow (hopefully).
A quick stop at the Mega Mart for a little Don Julio and I'm good to go.
I paid a $700 deposit, or $175 each. Alan and I have reconciled his part of the deposit.
My flight on the 23rd departs at 1:00 PM. Delta 398
Darn. I have 4 Pacific fishing trips planned for 2018. I ought to go ahead and move out West.
GA Miguelito
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

swill88

Reading this thread makes me feel I'm going too. Thanks guys!

Swami805

For searing yellowfin try this:
Set up the burner for a turkey fryer outside and get a large cast iron skillet. Turn the burner on high and leave the skillet on it for about 15 minutes to get it hot.
Melt a cube of butter and dip the tuna steaks in it so there's a thick coat on it, then dredge it in your favorite blackening spice mix. You should have a thick crust of spice on it. Drop them in the skillet, stand back a bit because it might flame up.
Cook about a minute or 2 (depending on thickness) a side so it's rare like a steak
Some good eating right there!
Do what you can with that you have where you are