puerto vallarta - december 2017

Started by alantani, December 09, 2017, 07:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

Quote from: DFT on December 11, 2017, 01:25:33 AM
Thanks for sharing the videos and pictures Alan.  Just curious what connection did you use on your spectra to mono and what knot did you tie to your hook?    Same questions to you Mark.

this type of fishing is about as simple as it gets.  the reels are loaded with jerry brown hollow.  i alternate colors every 100 yards - red on bottom, then yellow, then green, then white, then green.  for the topshot, i use a whole 25 yard coil of pink seaguar.  half the hookups were on my rigs, and i had only two rods out compared to the six boat rods, so my hook up rate was double compared to the boat rods.  the 100 yard sections of braid were connected by just and end-to-end hollow core splice.  the braid to fluoro connection is a modified slim beauty.  on the fluro side, it's a four-turn uni knot.  on the braid side it's 8 up and then 10 down.  and the fluoro knot to the hook is just a single san diego.  like i said, it doesn't get any more simple than this! 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

DFT

Thanks Alan.  Pretty much the same set up on my gears except I make my own wind-on leaders.