D.A.M. COMPANY HISTORY

Started by Alto Mare, December 09, 2017, 02:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

swill88

Thanks Sal!  Great information!

steve

foakes

Excellent information, Sal...

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

festus

I've spent a lot of time and research on that site for a few weeks now. Good read for anyone with DAM Quick products or contemplating buying some.

Gfish

Thanks hoss. Was able to narrow mine down to a '52 or early '53. Still not sure about the drag, think I'm missin a washer 'er somethin.
Gfish.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

foakes

Post a pic of your drag stack, Greg --

Then I would send you whatever you need.

Have more NOS 68 & 250 Standard parts than likely anyone in the world.

Out of town for 3 or 4 days for our anniversary -- but will be online a bit -- and can send upon our return next Wed or Thur.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Captain64-200

Quote from: Alto Mare on December 09, 2017, 02:23:09 PM
http://home.kpn.nl/roland.lindenberh/index.html

Thanks Sal , that's very interesting about this great company which no longer produces reels ,i think ..only rebrands some chinese ones 
Fred from Biarritz ,

Crow

Very interesting info ! Thanks !    And, Happy anniversary, Fred !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Gfish

Here's 2 Fred. The washer feels/looks like fiber and sits between the spool bottom and clicker gear. Top a the spool has some kinda built-in keyed washer that spins and that's what the drag knob torques down onto(1st pic.). I say built-in, but there's one screw on the bottom of the spool that WILL not loosen up and I assume I might be able to take it apart(the spool) if I could get it out(circled in black, 2nd pic.)
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

foakes

When I return, we will figure out what you need-- I do see a piece or two missing.

Might not hurt to have a couple of new bail springs also -- it takes a left and a right, and they are opposite wind.

No issues.

Best,

Fred

--------

Fred O.

sandbar

Looks like this was taken down

sandbar