12/0 23-116 handle nut with no oil port?

Started by 1badf350, December 12, 2017, 01:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1badf350

So, a while back I ordered two 23-116 handle nuts from a certain company on Ebay. I just got around to opening them up to replace an old one. When I did, I noticed they do not have oil ports and the part numbers are in different font. I had no idea there was more than one style handle nut. Are these for newer reels?
I ordered another one from Fishgrain and it was exactly what I needed.
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Army_of_One

Fishgrain knows what's up!  ;D  I believe the newer ones don't have the oil hole.  It shouldn't be an issue.  I've never used the oil hole as it doesn't oil the bearing, just the gear sleeve and bridge plate.  I grease those enough oil probably doesn't penetrate.

ETA: The 23-116 part number is not for the newest Chinese Senators.  That is 23-114H2 for both 9/0 and 6/0.
Another day in Paradise!

1badf350

Ah, OK I understand. I'm pretty anal about stuff so I will stick with proper period parts. Thanks man!
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"