Accuplates question

Started by JRD, December 15, 2017, 05:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

I picked up a box of full accurate conversions at a price I couldn't pass by.  I've owned alot of the jiggy and squidder size as well as Magnums and a few 6/0s.  This has me stumped.  It's a purple 4/0 narrow with a cut out for some kind of plate on the right side.  It's not a Magnum!  I've never seen this before and wonder if it's a piece I need to track down or manufacture before I put it back together.  As you can see it doesn't go through the edge so no water intrusion issues.

Bryan Young

It's a little SS Plate to cover the opening when you get the gear in. Not a necessary piece.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

JRD

Quote from: Bryan Young on December 15, 2017, 05:41:16 PM
It's a little SS Plate to cover the opening when you get the gear in. Not a necessary piece.

Thank you Bryan

Gfish

Yeah. Kinda odd that the plate seems to have an even circumference. The ones I've seen, have a kinda bulge where the ss gear cover screws in. I'd use somethin(plastic?) in there, to keep saltH2O oudda there. Pack with grease?...
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

ReelFishingProblems

Any pictures of the "treasure chest?"

Nick

Maxed Out

That cutout was intended for a piece of stainless, and I've had a few that did have the piece, and some without. I think accurate decided it wasn't needed, but if you see it with the plate installed, you'll see it does fill a gap to stop water intrusion. Without the plate in the cutout, water intrusion is very possible. I put some extra grease in there to help keep water out.
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!