Swami, I think you and me were riding the same sets  :D
It has been around a very long time, I started using it in the early 70's
Good stuff !!!
Dan

Alto Mare

I also don't see anything wrong here.
Also, we've talked about these in the past with no issues:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_bolt

These have also been around for some time... maybe selling strategy :-\ but it is what it is.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

thorhammer

I had forgotten to update. The barrels were too expensive to be worth it in any quantities for reel techs. You can by three chapsticks for what I could get the barrels for. Chapstick is filled by a third party manufacturer I do business with.

graywolf

Lunker Larry

Saltwater fishing sounds like too much work. :D
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

Cuttyhunker

Keep a tube on the boat for zippers and snaps, never tried it on a reel, but for the fasteners the stuff has everything but sex.
Doomed from childhood

handi2

Since my son grew up surfing we always used his surf wax. I still do. With the reel in the line spooler i can push the surf wax stick on the spool while its turning. Also on the line as its being spooled on.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

spearo776

When spooling I spray the line with a quality silicone spray at about 100m intervals

alantani

i'm still using a super light coat of yamaha marine grease.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

MarkT

Boeshield on the spool to prevent corrosion.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Dj. Dubé

Use dry silicone spray or blue Yamaha grease lightly applied

pjq

I would put a bit of bees wax at the base of the spool to keep the braid ed line from spinning on the spool.Pat