winter reds

Started by Three se7ens, December 17, 2017, 12:04:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Three se7ens

It was a chilly morning, 40 degrees with the wind blowing from the north.  Kevin(padre), myself and one more person went out in kayaks in search of red drum, and boy did we find them.  I hooked the first fish, a 25" red, and the bite was on fire for most of the day.  The final count was somewhere above 50 reds landed between the three of us, and nearly all were safely released.  I kept a few of the mid sized ones for dinner.  Kevin tagged six reds over 20# before releasing them.   

Once the sun had been out for a bit, it turned into a really nice day.  Cool, light breeze, very clear water, and the fish were biting all day.  Almost no boat traffic, and a complete lack of people out fishing aside from us made for a fantastic day.  Im loving fishing these cool winter days. 

Dominick

Okaay! Adam.  Why are they called Reds?  I don't see anything red about them.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Big Tim

Quote from: Dominick on December 17, 2017, 12:08:14 AM
Okaay! Adam.  Why are they called Reds?  I don't see anything red about them.  Dominick

C'mon Dom..everyone has heard of REDRUM ... Nice fishing

Tim

twotone

Nice. Enjoy the peace and quiet.
twotone

Padre

Cause sometimes they are red (or reddish).

Shark Hunter

Very Nice Adam! ;)
I am impressed.
Life is Good!

Dominick

Quote from: Big Tim on December 17, 2017, 03:27:34 AM

C'mon Dom..everyone has heard of REDRUM ... Nice fishing

Tim
This sounds like "The Shining."  :o Heeeres Johnny!  :o ::) Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

oc1

That is mighty impressive guys.  Congratulations.

Dominick, you can also call them channel bass, redfish, spottail bass.

STRIPER LOU

Nice work Adam. Nothing beats a great day on the water, with plenty of fish around, and no one else to catch them but you!!!

....................Lou

Alto Mare

Nice to see the man that has been making us some awesome custom parts get a little break for a little fishing.
Nice report Adam! I'm not sure I would get in that kayak at this time of year, but you're younger than me :)

Best,

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

mo65

Good fishin' Adam! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Donnyboat

Nice fishing Adam, thanks for showing, good post, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

coastal_dan

Nice!  We caught our first Red Drum this October behind Ocracoke in NC, what a blast on light line!
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Three se7ens

Another chilly morning, and another shot at some nice inshore fishing.  Maybe this cold blast the past couple of days is to blame, but not much of anything was interested all day.  Went out with 3 other people, and it started off like it was going to be a good day.  Zach and I both hooked up with good size reds at the same time not long after we got there.  Mine measured out at 23", but I didnt bother to take a pic, figuring there would be more.  Then it all but shut down.  Only one more red was landed the rest of the day.  All were nice fish, but they just werent schooled up like they usually are.  I think we just caught a few stragglers.  Not a bad day though, all 4 of us caught fish.  And it turned into a beautiful day once the sun had been up for a little bit.