Bucatini w/pork ribs, meatballs, and beef braciole.

Started by STRIPER LOU, December 19, 2017, 11:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STRIPER LOU

Bucatini is a heavier spaghetti, larger with a hole thru the middle. I personally like it very al dente! A great sauce with pork ribs, meatballs, and beef braciole make it super hardy.

One kicker for the sauce is,  ...   about 15 minutes before its done, I like to add a quarter cup of parmesano reggiono and a half cup of heavy cream. That addition really makes it stick to the pasta.

A drizzle of spiced olive oil, a garnish of parsley and sweet basil and your good to go.
Unfortunately this time around I had no fresh basil or parsley so I had to use the dry stuff. Oh well, I suffered thru it!!! A nice piece of crusty bread and the usual is a glass of red wine,  ...  but tonite I opted for the lite lager!

I'm full and feeling slightly rotund at the moment but very happy non the less! ;D

All have a great evening,  ..  Lou

Dominick

Lou I feel sorry for you having to use dried basil.  It is a totally different taste from fresh basil.  However, you just made me have a yen for braciole.  Do you ever make braciole with pork skin?  I haven't had those for years.  thanks for your post.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

STRIPER LOU

Dom, I usually have a fresh basil but the plant froze in the front window. Mom use to make it with pig skin but I wasn't crazy about it.

When you make your Braciole, add a little prosciutto to the mix, ... it makes it pop!

................Lou

Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

bluefish69

Lou

I grow Sweet Basil & Parsley on my window sill all Winter. I also have the fresh in the freezer so I'm never without them.

When Bryan came for dinner we made Bucatini & Short Ribs in the Gravy aka Sauce.

Dom

If you ever visit us I will make the Pork Skins for you.

No Dom I'm not Italian. That is the Wife thing, she is Italian

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

coastal_dan

Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Dominick

Quote from: bluefish69 on December 20, 2017, 01:02:30 AM
Lou

I grow Sweet Basil & Parsley on my window sill all Winter. I also have the fresh in the freezer so I'm never without them.

When Bryan came for dinner we made Bucatini & Short Ribs in the Gravy aka Sauce.

Dom

If you ever visit us I will make the Pork Skins for you.

No Dom I'm not Italian. That is the Wife thing, she is Italian

Mike
Ok, I'll be there tomorrow.   ;D  All kidding aside.  I'll make sure to touch base with you sometime in the spring.  Dominick

bluefish69

That's a deal & bring the Crew. Dom, Wife, Baby & don't forget your Wife too.

Mike & Trudy

ChileRelleno

Doubling down on the Drooling after reading and seeing the pics.
Beautiful meal and nice pic, sounds excellent and probably taste like heaven would.

I've never had the Braciole pasta, will have to remedy that sometime.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Alto Mare

Lou, that looks good. Bucatini are my favorite, but don't get to eat them much, my family likes the thinner spaghetti. ::)
When I do have it, can't get mine to bend as you're showing above, mine are not easy to twirl with the fork ;D

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

bluefish69

We make the Bucatini with a Pancetta Sauce [ Hot Pancetta is the best].

Mike

Dominick

Quote from: bluefish69 on December 21, 2017, 04:30:11 AM
We make the Bucatini with a Pancetta Sauce [ Hot Pancetta is the best].

Mike
come on Mike post the recipe.  sounds interesting.  Dominick

bluefish69

I have to start again-----

Bucatini all'Amatriciciana Bianca

1/4 C Evoo
2 Tbs. unsalted Butter
1/4 lb. thickly sliced Pancetta cut into strips - We use more & sm. dice it
Pinch Red Pepper flakes - we use HOT Pancetta
Salt to taste -- we don't do this
1 Lb. Bucatini or the Ghettis for some
2 Tbs. Chopped FRESH Parsely
1/4 C Freshly Grated Pecorino Romano Cheese or 1/3 C Parmigiano  [NOT KRAFT CHEESE]

Turn on Stove
Put Butter in Lg. Skillet
Add Pancetta & Pepper Flakes in skillet & lightly Brown
Bring a Lg. pot of water to boil ADD 1 Tbs. salt
Cook Bucatini till -- al dente
Save 1/2 cup Pasta Water
Drain Pasta & ADD to Skillet - Add to Skillet/add saved Pasta Water/Parsely & Cheese

Time TO EAT

This is the White Pasta. If you want the Red 1 let me know. Red 1 has other things in it.

Mike

Alto Mare

Great recipe and that's how we do it. Fresh parsley is key and of course Parmigiano Reggiano, not that parmisan sawdust from the supermarket. With Pancetta and red pepper flakes, we will also add one small scallion, or one piece of garlic chopped fine.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

STRIPER LOU

I can eat that right now Mike! Sound's great. I picked up another fresh basil plant.

I left the front window open a crack and the other plant was frozen. :-\

Your correct Sal as some of the stuff from the grocery store isn't even good as sawdust. A good chunk of sharp cheese and a glass of red is tough to beat.

....................Lou