Just another trolling lure

Started by gstours, December 23, 2017, 01:16:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

gary, can you post a link to these lures?  thanks!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

David Hall

Alan I picked up a few of them last year they're called King Kandy, google them up.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

Quote from: alantani on December 29, 2017, 05:29:25 PM
got it!  salmon season is in 4 months!

http://www.kingkandylures.com/
Alan if you order some of these, be aware that I have had good success with the watermelon color.  Actually I think that is all you will need.  Works both in the spring and fall.  I might try the blue one also.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

gstours

Alan ,  and others.  Yes  fish the King Kandy Whole Herring with a lead or Diver/Planer.   I always re-tie the leader with 40# and make it about5-6 feet long.  As I,m not home right now my picture file cant show a new tie.    Buttt I will show a couple od new, stock plucks asap.   I use a size 1 or 1/0 treble (red is good) on the snell bottom and up about 1 1/2 inches retie with a sst 6/0 mustad siwash then tie 0on a couple of pcs 2'' long above the siwash and sharpen all hooks.  then push the siwash up into the scent pocket as it was origionally,  then trim all excess yarn off outside the plug or it will not spin right.   The foam scent sponges are hidden in the bottom of the plastic box it comes in.   Some folks never see them.   I use a gel type herring or shrimp oil in the chamber and rub it on the plug every time you bring it up to clean or inspect/change it.  I have had ok luck w anice/herrying oil (mikes brand) buttt???
   You can buy some colors on Amazon.com   butt the folks in washington that distribute them (manufacturer) n have the best selection.
  Sorry I cant do better her butt i,m away from sources at the moment.  These king kandys are made in a cut plug, and a smaller herring size butt havent pruduced much yet,  MORE ON THIS SOON.    cheers ;)

gstours

Something you really need!

The link to these lures is; 
Contact Us

131 Cape George Dr.
Port Townsend, WA 98368U.S.A.

T: +1 360-385-7625
F: +1 360-385-1424
E: rock@pointwilson.com

I have ordered from these folks and they are most likely to have the color/size you prefer.  You may find them in some colors in your tackle shop.  Check the site out and learn.     Good gishin next year! ;)

gstours

Here are a few more comments on these plugs.  The fish 🐟 hit them differently from using bait. Never swallowed like a herring.  As they're hard I'm thinking that they spit them out quickly.... that's why I've gone to a treble trailing hook.  Also the vmc siwash from the box is going to rust quickly and is kinda fat compared to the sst 6/0 mustad.....always use a scent in the pocket and on exterior.......

gstours

The scent sponge won't last long.   They are hidden in the bottom of box......  most fish are only hooked on the rear hook.  The plug is hollow and must completely fill w water to spin in a nice wide roll.  There are holes in the front and bottom of plugs to let air escape.  Shown below.   As usual adjust your speed to your current and allow time to fill up with water 💦.   You want a wide rolling spin and not a swaying or wag.  Good luck 🍀👍 also happy new year 🎈🎆🎊

David Hall

Dang I been fishing them all wrong!  I shortened the leaders to 24" and I might have messed up the action.
Think I will re tie them on longer heavier leader.  I'll try them at 48".  Thanks Gary.

gstours

Sorry I duplicated the pictures again,  jiggles ny phone? 
    I dont fish these behind a dodger or flasher,  I think our fish may be spooky to short leaders.   We usually fish herring (bait) about 6-9 feet behind the pinklady/deep6 divers.   That seems to just work better,  the long leader is a curse for fighting the fish and checking the spin.    Butt its worth the inconvenience.  Theres nothing like getting lucky! :-\

Dominick

I went to the point wilson website and it has information for rigging and also shows all their colors.  http://www.pointwilson.com/ Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

gstours

Which color is your favorite?  I've seen some nice fish taken on some ugly ones like the
Chartreuse one or purple haze, I can't fish them all.   Butt it would be fun to try. 

Benni3

I always like the watermelon colors,,,thanks for the great photos and seeing some great fishing  ;D