christmas crab on the new huck fin, emeryville - 12/22/2017

Started by alantani, December 23, 2017, 07:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

fished with another bunch of sacramento guys yesterday on the new huck fin out of emeryville, ca.  fishing was quick and easy.  had a limit of lingcod and big rockfish in 2 hours.   we fished out by the farallon islands.  i was using a whole squid on a 3 foot 50 pound single leader, a j-hook on top to hold the pointy end of the squid and a treble hook buried into the tentacles, then a one pound weight on a slider.  my first drop was a lingcod, my second drop was a big vermillion, and my third drop was another ling cod. the nice thing about whole squid is that little fish don't mess with you.  the guys fiishing with shrimp flies and strips of bait were pulling up two fish at a time, but many were small. 

here's chris' ice chest!

a word from our captain, jay yokomizu!

and for those of you who are not familiar with san francisco, a view of the golden gate bridge.  something i never get tired of!

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

David Hall

Swami805

Looks like a great trip, Love those crabs. Best part is seeing you up and around and doing what you enjoy. Sheridan
Do what you can with that you have where you are

STRIPER LOU

Looking good Mr. T!

I could see myself cracking those crabs open with a mallet and a nice garlic aioli dipping sauce along with a couple of lagers. Oh yea baby!!!

Good to see you tearing up the water again! Nice trip and thanks for sharing.

..................Lou

foakes

Yep,

I was always taught -- big bait = big fish

Thanks for the pics, Alan!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Maxed Out

Nice job on your selective gear technique and a very productive outing.

Glad also to see you back in the saddle. I bet your wife and daughters are happy to see you fishing again too !!

-Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!