WIDE TIBURON 14/0 and 16/0 SENATOR FRAME AND SPOOL KITS?

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, December 23, 2017, 08:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

I spoke with Tiburon about producing a very limited run of extra wide frame/spool kits for the Penn Senator 14/0 and 16/0, resulting, in effect, a 20/0 Senator.  They said that they would be willing to consider waiving their usual minimum 50 unit run requirement and produce a run of 20 kits. 

I am going to deliver a reel to them on my next trip to LA so that they can do the engineering and deliver a quote, but I anticipate that these kits will be pricey.  My best guess is that they will cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $400-500 plus shipping, which I realize is a ridiculous amount to spend, but I am a ridiculous guy when it comes to something special, so I am in for one, assuming that my estimated price is in the ballpark, if I can find 19 other equally ridiculous reel nuts out there. 

If you started with a nice $300 14/0, you would only be into the complete reel for less than $800, and you could sell your old spool for $100-150, leaving you with a net cost of less than $700 for a very impressive and rare reel, one of twenty.

Please let me know if you might be interested and want me to add you to the mailing list for this proposal.

Thanks,

Randy

1badf350

Im in for sure.
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

54bullseye

Randy I would be in for one. I am not crazy about wild colors I guess just polished aluminum / silver or possibly  black would be my choices. I have a nice 16/0 that I would use for it !  Let me know.   John Taylor

mikeysm

Randy it sure would be nice if Tom and you could get together to sell a complete kit. Side plates, frame, and spool. There is nothing better than a group effort to make it a great project.

Mike

Maxed Out

Go ahead and call me crazy.....I'm in for one...black or silver would be the most logical color choices IMO

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

1badf350

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

54bullseye

Quote from: 1badf350 on December 23, 2017, 11:17:40 PM
I will pay extra if you make John Taylor's kit pink.

You will pay a lot extra !!  The cost of the set !!   LOL !!

mikeysm

It would be a buy of a life time. Never to be made again. It would make a killer shark reel.

Mike

Shark Hunter

You know I'm in! ;)
I had to read that title twice, making sure what I was reading. ;D
Life is Good!

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

thorhammer

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Shark Hunter

Let me bang on some doors!
This will be epic if it comes to fruition. :o
If they make a Red One, I know Sal won't be able to resist. ;)
Life is Good!

Tightlines667

Hmm...
If Tom produces a full frame 14/0 kit, I might prefer this over the 20/0 spool/frame.  Maybe if Tom made 14/0 sideplates that were compatable with the 20/0 frame/spool?  Not sure I want to commit either way at this point.  

I think you would be able to sell 20 kits though, simply for the wow factor.

I will likely be putting my large reel budget towards a full set of big lever drags, but these large senator frame/spool projects should generate a lot of interest.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!