WIDE TIBURON 14/0 and 16/0 SENATOR FRAME AND SPOOL KITS?

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, December 23, 2017, 08:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

54bullseye

I don't want a lot of WOW factor just 20 frames would keep them in the scarce category !!  Merry Christmas to all !!    John Taylor
PS serial numbered would be nice !!

Tightlines667

Quote from: Shark Hunter on December 24, 2017, 09:11:11 PM
Come on John. ;D
Wouldn't you like to have both. ;)

Yes...yes I would.

;)

Quote from: 54bullseye on December 24, 2017, 09:11:38 PM
I don't want a lot of WOW factor just 20 frames would keep them in the scarce category !!  Merry Christmas to all !!    John Taylor
PS serial numbered would be nice !!

That is a great point.  Scarcity is key to the  down-the-road collectability. 

This will be an investment in my future :)
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

1badf350

Quote from: Shark Hunter on December 24, 2017, 09:11:11 PM
Come on John. ;D
Wouldn't you like to have both. ;)
Thats my philosophy. "If in doubt, get both."
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

swill88

I'm in... if... I can use it for lingcod fishing. Randy?

Steve

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Tightlines666 on December 24, 2017, 09:04:16 PM
Hmm...
If Tom produces a full frame 14/0 kit, I might prefer this over the 20/0 spool/frame.  Maybe if Tom made 14/0 sideplates that were compatable with the 20/0 frame/spool?  Not sure I want to commit either way at this point.  

I think you would be able to sell 20 kits though, simply for the wow factor.

I will likely be putting my large reel budget towards a full set of big lever drags, but these large senator frame/spool projects should generate a lot of interest.

John

John, since you have probably completed your Christmas shopping for those near and dear to your heart, how about taking care of that most deserving member of your family.  If you can use these, I will make you one heck of a deal.  They are both 9+.  I realize that you may not have been planning to pull the trigger just yet, but this might be just the ticket for you.

Thanks,

Randy

Vintage Offshore Tackle

thorhammer

Lost my (eight year old rule) mind. Should've stopped after reading once. But can't really miss this block party..have enough 209's to spare to cover it prolly, lol

Benni3

Ya,,,,I'm in for 1 in silver  ;D

Tightlines667

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on December 24, 2017, 10:43:32 PM
Quote from: Tightlines666 on December 24, 2017, 09:04:16 PM
Hmm...
If Tom produces a full frame 14/0 kit, I might prefer this over the 20/0 spool/frame.  Maybe if Tom made 14/0 sideplates that were compatable with the 20/0 frame/spool?  Not sure I want to commit either way at this point.  

I think you would be able to sell 20 kits though, simply for the wow factor.

I will likely be putting my large reel budget towards a full set of big lever drags, but these large senator frame/spool projects should generate a lot of interest.

John

John, since you have probably completed your Christmas shopping for those near and dear to your heart, how about taking care of that most deserving member of your family.  If you can use these, I will make you one heck of a deal.  They are both 9+.  I realize that you may not have been planning to pull the trigger just yet, but this might be just the ticket for you.

Thanks,

Randy

Randy,

I am definitely interested in the 130ST, and I could probably use the 80.  I was hoping to put together a set of 5 130ST reels.  I have been waiting for a complete set of used reels to pop up locally.  Is that an SW?  PM me what you had in mind.

John

Edit:
Randy,
Thank you for your generosity in providing me with my first 130ST.
I can't wait to put it to the test on a big fish!

John

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Benni3

Ya,,,I'm in for sure,,? What's the line capability,,,, :D

The Great Maudu

Put my name on the list. I will take one. Merry Christmas,
Mike

thorhammer

thorhammer

Somehow knew Mike was all in even before Daron would call him lol

mikeysm

One thing about owning one of these reels is you become part of history. After your gone it will still be here and talked about who built and owned it. They will remember this website and all the project and ideas it provided. Just like we are doing right now.

Mike

Islandgypsy

Randy...add me to your crazy list. Silver frame and spool. Iv'e got an old 14/0 I could put together....no idea what I'd use it for..maybe make a lamp? 
   Greg