Central coast land based fishing questions

Started by pjstevko, December 24, 2017, 05:12:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gfish

If ya get tired of chuckin or losin lures, best wait-for-'em bait I've found is whole anchovies ona double hook(big hook~5/0 in the skull n' a stinger ~3/0 in the back).
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Swami805

Might try those clear casting bubbles too with a real light jig head with a 6-8' leader after the bubble. Save a bunch of tackle and suspends the bait just off the bottom. I think I get them at K-mart for a couple bucks for 6. You can add water to the bubble to adjust the weight for casting. Used to catch some nice grennling that way by throwing it right next to a big rock and the light jig flutters down the face. Really fun if you don't have the patience like me to soak bait.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

El Pescador

Quote from: Shark Hunter on December 27, 2017, 02:11:50 AM
Tough Crowd. :D

Daron!

Dominick is not as tough as he seems- he just needs more fiber in his diet.

Great day here.

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Dominick

I had broccoli rabe the other day and took a Wayne.   :D ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

pjstevko

Do you guys think 20# leader is gonna be enough? Or is that too high?

Bryan Young

In the rocks, that should be okay.  In the sand, 12# or 15# max.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

pjstevko

Quote from: Bryan Young on January 08, 2018, 02:09:06 PM
In the rocks, that should be okay.  In the sand, 12# or 15# max.

That's exactly what I was thinking!

No fishing on this trip to the coast due to weather... I'll have to try again at some other time