Christmas Pheasant

Started by Tightlines667, December 26, 2017, 03:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tightlines667

This was the first year in about 10, I didn't fly to the mainland for Christmas.  I was hoping to catch some fish this weekend, and cook some seafood for dinner, but I drew a skunk on yesterday's offshore trip.

So, I opted for Christmas roast pheasant & vegetables, with gravy, green bean casserole, stuffing, and Molokai Mule Skinner coffee and pie for desert.  

Good eats, but I did miss the family, and no fishing with Dwight this year.

Even the cat got in on it, with some fresh pheasant bones to pick meat from.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Smols

Great looking feast Justin! I'm grateful for all of the holiday celebrations, but i've probably had too many big feasts lately. Time to start getting back to a regular sized meal plan  :)

Happy Holidays!

Smols

Smols

Sorry John - I accidentally called you Justin!

Good lookin Christmas dinner nonetheless!

smols

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Alto Mare

That looks good John! I had my share of Ring-necked Pheasant, I used to cook it in a frying pan as you're showing.
Peppers, onions, red wine and some fresh rosemary...good stuff!

Best,

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Yum! John.  Did you carry the pheasant back to Hawaii?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Tightlines667

Quote from: Dominick on December 26, 2017, 06:34:54 PM
Yum! John.  Did you carry the pheasant back to Hawaii?  Dominick

I always bring my full possesion limit of 18 birds back.  That's about 9 meals.  I only have about 6 ducks this year, but a few are nice fat northern/Canadian mallards picked and fit to roast.  I eat wild game about 1/month, and fish maybe 1/week.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Maxed Out

Haven't ate pheasant since I was knee high to a toadstool

Looks like a gourmet meal John.  The kind you'd find in a high end restaurant that wish they had a chef like you !!

Hope you have better luck on your next offshore venture

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Swami805

A friend brought us  one once, best tasting bird I think Iv'e eaten, That looks REALLY good. Bet the cat was happy too.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Shark Hunter

Looks Delicious John.  :P
Happy New year my man. ;)
Life is Good!

ChileRelleno

Great looking meal, gotta love wild game.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

thorhammer

Tiddlerbasher

Ah jeez I used to shoot pheasant/partridge/game back in the day, my dog would retrieve. It was an every day thing - then!
Now a pheasant shoot in England costs several hundred pounds per day. Just saying ::)
Live the dream if you have still got it. It may not be there forever :(