CRACK 1100

Started by Alto Mare, December 26, 2017, 09:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

A quick look at the Crack 1100, These are not as easy to get a hold of as the larger reels

And the reassembly

Very nice little reel.

Best,

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

mo65

Interesting Sal...never seen this model before. Can you post a pic with a 720 Penn beside it...for size reference. Also, why is the side plate reading upside down?
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Alto Mare

Very close in size Mo, the rotor is the same diameter, but the 720 is 1/2" longer from the tip of the rotor to the back

As for the upside down side plate, they can only get one side straight, just like hubcaps on cars :).
If you switch it to right hand, it would be right side up.
This one is interesting, removing one tiny screw on the collar and the rotor comes right off, along with the spool shaft... crazy simple.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

mo65

Thanks Sal...I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for these. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Captain64-200

Wow  ,I didn't see that ! this is a rare one I suppose , I cant remember the last time     I saw this model .     Great  catch  Sal ..   
Fred from Biarritz ,

handi2

Great reel Sal.

Is the grease you are using the Shimano Premium? Ive been using it the last month on certain reels. It is tacky and stays put while being very slippery.

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Alto Mare

Thanks guys.
Keith, good observation on the grease, that is exactly why I like it. Very good stuff, especially for bearings, but it isn't cheap :-\

Best,

Sal