alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Squidder dog spring
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
February 22, 2018, 12:58:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Squidder dog spring  (Read 355 times)
Jkjhung

« on: October 16, 2017, 12:35:08 PM »

After servicing the squidder, jigmaster, and surfmaster, I have to say my least favorite to service is the squidder because of that darn dog spring it uses. I was able to trim down a jigmaster spring to use in a squidder, but man that took forever and I lost a few springs in the process.  Any tips on how to install the dog spring?  Also is there anywhere I can get some squidder sized springs so I don't have to trim the jigmaster ones again?

foakes

Sierra National Forest

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 12:52:53 PM »

Springs #108 & #14, are available at Scott's -- on our site -- for a few cents...

One is factory -- one is a work-around -- but works fine.

I have these also -- but Scott's is in the business -- and I don't want to send you the wrong one.

Best,

Fred

Why does someone believe you when you say there are ten billion stars in our galaxy -- but check when you say the paint is wet?

You don't need a parachute to skydive -- You just need one to skydive twice.

"At the Office"
Bryan Young
Ultimate Upgrades Drags
Administrator

The Reel Whisperer

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 08:06:24 PM »

PennParts now have springs that are direct replacements for Stock springs.

Cheesy I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. Cheesy
Jkjhung

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 09:09:17 PM »

Thanks for the info guys!  When I ordered a bunch of parts from scotts about a year ago they did not have these direct replacement springs. 
Bryan Young
Ultimate Upgrades Drags
Administrator

The Reel Whisperer

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 09:38:24 PM »

They just got them a few months ago. It’s hard to find springs that small.

Cheesy I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. Cheesy
Sluggo

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 09:13:40 PM »

I have problems getting them over the posts also. The last one I did slid the ringed end of the spring that goes over the post onto a ice pick to stretch it a little seems like there must be a better way. Anybody have a trick ?
Bryan Young
Ultimate Upgrades Drags
Administrator

The Reel Whisperer

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 09:51:10 PM »

I hold the spring over the post with a finger while use a pick to push and slide it over the post. Now always effective, but I do finally get it on the nth try. Where n= 2-😭

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: