is someone actually going to fish the 113h t4N1 kit?

Started by steelfish, December 29, 2017, 02:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

what line are you planning to put on the reel?

Randy? do you have an estimated line capacity for this reel for 65# and 80# braid?
this will be a killer reel here in north sea of cortez for bottom fishing and light/medium trolling, glad I never bought a YTS kit for the 113h, with my 2 Baja Special reels Im covered on that line capacity and style of fishing, but this extra narrow reel makes the Baja Special look like standar width reel.

The Baja Guy

David Hall

I will probably load mine with 80# braid and then mono topshots from 20-60# depending on what I'm fishing for

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

Three se7ens

Ill fish mine when I get it together.  Probably more likely to see action than my 113hlw. 

JRD

I'm putting 65lb spectra with 40lb mono.  Rockfish closes here soon so the search for homeguard yellow and WSB will begin.

Hardy Boy

I'll load with 65 lb braid and a 60 lb leader and use for lighter jigs (12 oz) in less than 300 feet of water for rockfish, lings and halibut here off of Vancouver island. I can't have a reel and not fish it at least a few times. It would be good for trolling rapalas when I fish Ixtapa inshore or live bait for roosters.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

day0ne

I'll probably go 60 lb hollow and yes I will fish it.
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

Keta

I plan on filling mine with solid JB 50# because I have 1/2 of a 2500yd spool, otherwise I would use JB 60. I will use this reel for lingcod and other shallow/mid depth bottomfish.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

off the top, i would guess 300 yards of 80 pound braid and a 25 yard topshot of 50 pound mono, drags set to 15 pounds.  i'm curious to see what it actually holds! 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

Quote from: alantani on December 29, 2017, 04:32:51 PM
off the top, i would guess 300 yards of 80 pound braid and a 25 yard topshot of 50 pound mono, drags set to 15 pounds.  i'm curious to see what it actually holds! 

If my line counter worked I could tell you how much 50# they hold.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

surfcaster

That's what they make them for. Going to be Fishing mine  with 50lb braid for cod haddock /pollack.
  normally use a stock reel. with lots of extra line & backing. I have  my "lucky"  crusty old 113h to bolt it to.

Tight Lines Richie

mikeysm

The whole idea of building these reels is to use them. If you collect them make sure you live long enough to show them off. I you kick off they will end up in some auction and sold for penny's on the dollar. Make sure who ever you plan to leave them to understands their value. That might not help either they may sell them to buy junk with. You never know what they will do.

Mike

handi2

Quote from: mikeysm on December 29, 2017, 09:42:36 PM
The whole idea of building these reels is to use them. If you collect them make sure you live long enough to show them off. I you kick off they will end up in some auction and sold for penny's on the dollar. Make sure who ever you plan to leave them to understands their value. That might not help either they may sell them to buy junk with. You never know what they will do.

Mike

So true.

Mine will be fished as soon as possible. When bottom fishing we dont use a top shot. Straight braid, slide on a sinker, barrel swivel, and mono leader. If I used it for slow jigging I would use a top shot. Ill probably use 65lb Daiwa J braid because I have a bunch. This is I ever have time to put it together.

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Maxed Out

These reels will certainly have a multitude of uses for many different fisheries. Sometimes I fish for king salmon with 500' of downrigger cable out and spectra is a must. These reels will be perfect for that fishery

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

steelfish

Quote from: Hardy Boy on December 29, 2017, 05:46:33 AM
I'll load with 65 lb braid and a 60 lb leader and use for lighter jigs (12 oz) in less than 300 feet of water for rockfish, lings and halibut here off of Vancouver island. I can't have a reel and not fish it at least a few times. It would be good for trolling rapalas when I fish Ixtapa inshore or live bait for roosters.
Cheers:Todd

nice, thats how I plan to use mine, but 80# braid, bottom fishing on reefs with average 300-350ft and trolling rapalas inshore, if I can fit 300yds of 80# like the Boss estimate I will be golden.

Quote from: surfcaster on December 29, 2017, 09:20:37 PM
That's what they make them for.
Quote from: mikeysm on December 29, 2017, 09:42:36 PM
The whole idea of building these reels is to use them.

well Im asking cuz I also think that the main idea of building and upgrade reels is to fish them above the stock specs and show them off along the fish catch, but a lot of folks here like to collect reels and I have nothing against that but I would like to see this reel on lots of pictures on the "members fishing reports" section, thats the reason of asking  ;)

The Baja Guy