is someone actually going to fish the 113h t4N1 kit?

Started by steelfish, December 29, 2017, 02:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smols

Quote from: alantani on December 29, 2017, 04:32:51 PM
off the top, i would guess 300 yards of 80 pound braid and a 25 yard topshot of 50 pound mono, drags set to 15 pounds.  i'm curious to see what it actually holds! 

I just spooled my T4N1 kit reel with 420 yards of 80lb solid braid. I was a little surprised that this spool holds that much line. I am excited to get out and fish this unique reel.

Thanks again, Randy and everyone here who contributed in some way to this project getting done.

Smols

steelfish

Wow.. thats a lot of Line

Your line must be very thin, if Im not mistaken I could only put 450 yds of 80 # braid to my Baja Special
The Baja Guy

Bryan Young

Wow. Alan was close. He said he thinks it'll hold 500 yards on 80# solid braid.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

eguinn

I just loaded my reel up with 65lb solid Izor, to within 1/8" of being jammed full, there's around 350-400yds on there. Hell I had 485 yds of 80lb Threadlock put on my 40nld2 so I really have my doubts about getting that much on a spool that's 3/8" narrower, if you can get 300-400yds that should be plenty. I'm setting my reels up to fish Croakers & Jacks in the kelp with kelpcutter rigs, I will fish 40lb, the other get 50lb, short topshots, 3.25-1 gears. Ed

Smols

Maybe the tackle store where I had it spooled ripped me off or their line counter is wrong (perhaps both). Either way, the Reel holds more line than what is needed for how I intend to use it.

steelfish

Quote from: Smols on January 06, 2018, 07:18:57 PM
Maybe the tackle store where I had it spooled ripped me off or their line counter is wrong (perhaps both). Either way, the Reel holds more line than what is needed for how I intend to use it.

naah, I dont think so, depending on the line brand and how many pounds is used on the spooler machine is the line filled on the spool.
spiderwire braid is really thin on the 80# test.
if thats the case I might use 100# and check if I can fit 300yds, that will be golden, that helps a lot to not lose many lures on the sticky rocky bottom.

The Baja Guy

Hardy Boy

I just spooled mine with 80 lb spider wire solid and got a hair over 375 yards with spool filled to 1/8 inch of top then 12 feet of 60 lb top shot .............. ready to jig once something opens. I got a good deal on the 80 lb so I went with that instead of 65. The spool fills fast once you are near the top. I'm using stock gears. My 4 to 1 are on a YTS.

Cheers:

Todd.
Todd

steelfish

Thanks Todd for the update
Mine is almost ready and it will have stock internals for now.
The Baja Guy

Rob Ciminieri

I am very excited to fill mine with 50 pound suffix braid and a 50 pound mono wind on. What a beautiful reel

alantani

yeah, from juan lezama!  400 yards of 80 pound p-line teflon coated solid braid and a 33 yard topshot of 50 pound berkely big game, drags set to 15 pounds.  the braid was loaded up under 10 pounds of pressure on the line winder.  gorgeous reel!!!!!!!

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

Does this reel have a stock drag and gear sleeve? 
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

steelfish

Quote from: alantani on January 25, 2018, 06:49:19 PM
yeah, from juan lezama!  400 yards of 80 pound p-line teflon coated solid braid and a 33 yard topshot of 50 pound berkely big game, drags set to 15 pounds.  the braid was loaded up under 10 pounds of pressure on the line winder.  gorgeous reel!!!!!!!

thats the look Im going after, thanks Boss for the pic and info.

The Baja Guy

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Rivverrat

Quote from: steelfish on January 06, 2018, 08:00:58 AM

Your line must be very thin, if Im not mistaken I could only put 450 yds of 80 # braid to my Baja Special

Alex, when I first had my US113 spooled up it was very close to 600 yards Toro Tamer 80  braid. Far more than I'll ever need on a reel. So I put 1/2 of it on my Baja This braid is under rated regarding its strength so it's not ultra thin... Jeff

steelfish

Quote from: Rivverrat on January 25, 2018, 08:43:47 PM
Quote from: steelfish on January 06, 2018, 08:00:58 AM

Alex, when I first had my US113 spooled up it was very close to 600 yards Toro Tamer 80  braid. Far more than I'll ever need on a reel. So I put 1/2 of it on my Baja This braid is under rated regarding its strength so it's not ultra thin... Jeff

thanks Jeff, I think I must find a way to use more drag when installing the line for 1st time on a reel, my current way is to install it on bigger reel and then use some drag there while transfering the line to the reel.
toro tamer is not a thin line, its actually thicker than most but also breaks above the line test on the box.

[start off-topic]
@ Lee, amigo, I didnt knew you were lefty on reels.
I just bought a Komodo 364 lefty, it was on a terrific price from a friend so I took it, I mostly use spinner on left hand so, I will train my brain (right hemisphery) to crank this low profile with my left hand too.
awesome little reel. [ ends off-topic]
The Baja Guy