is someone actually going to fish the 113h t4N1 kit?

Started by steelfish, December 29, 2017, 02:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

I fish LH for steelhead and salmon, RH for most other things,  I broke my left hand, fished with it and it never healed right, since then I have been playing with LH reels.  I have a 349H, a 501 and this reel in LH.  The Komodo looks like a powerful reel.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

rogan

Just had my T4N1 strung up at my local shop. 315 yards of 80lb seaguar threadlock. I think I got room for a topshot...

Hardy Boy

Here is mine out for a fish the other day. It performed flawlessly and had a very fast retrieve. Stock gears, double dogged, ss 10 sleeve, maxed out lever, 80 lb solid. Caught two big yelloweye and a nice petrale sole unfortunately I did not get to break it in with a halibut but my  buddies caught a 70 and 20 lb halibut. I will take it to cedros this sept.

Cheers:

todd
Todd

steelfish

looking good Todd,
mine its ready to fish but havent had the chance to go fishing, north winds havent gave us any chance

The Baja Guy

tgoff

So bummed I missed out on the T4N1. Need to check in on this site more often.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

There's a good chance that you will have another shot at the T4N1 Trevor.  I plan to fire up another 30 kits as soon as I sell the 50 T60XN extra narrow kits for the 114H, which should be ready in a few weeks.

Carl L

"  I broke my left hand, fished with it and it never healed right, since then I have been playing with LH reels."      I can totally relate to that statement Keta, you are a truly devoted fisherman !!   I just wish I was 2000 miles closer so I could fish with you !!      Carl

tgoff

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on March 28, 2018, 05:42:45 AM
There's a good chance that you will have another shot at the T4N1 Trevor.  I plan to fire up another 30 kits as soon as I sell the 50 T60XN extra narrow kits for the 114H, which should be ready in a few weeks.

Awesome!

I'm looking forward to it. These narrow reels are much nicer to fish.

steelfish

Quote from: steelfish on March 27, 2018, 07:42:26 PM
looking good Todd,
mine its ready to fish but havent had the chance to go fishing, north winds havent gave us any chance

finally have the time to fish my 113hxn tani kit, check this out

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=25126.msg282783#msg282783

it feels really nice, I still need to put many of the current upgrades but other than new 5/0 tani handle, delrin under gear washers, its all stock
I plan to put the Keta octagon insert on it along with some Keta SS dogs and my next upgrade will be the SS sleeve
The Baja Guy

Rivverrat

Ive more reels than any 5 people need. But I do need one of these. Will there be another run ? ... Jeff

steelfish

Quote from: Rivverrat on April 23, 2018, 03:25:03 AM
Ive more reels than any 5 people need. But I do need one of these. Will there be another run ? ... Jeff

For your needs and available current upgrades  you better get two when available
The Baja Guy

Rivverrat

Quote from: steelfish on April 23, 2018, 04:38:07 AM
Quote from: Rivverrat on April 23, 2018, 03:25:03 AM

For your needs and available current upgrades  you better get two when available

I think your right. Even with a gear ratio that might be less tgan perfect i can always make use of a bullet proof reel like this... Jeff

surfcaster

Hi Randy, I Finally got to fish the reel over past few days (Spring is over a month late this year)it is Awesome ! Great drop reel holds plenty of 50lb braid & topshot ,Line  lays perfect in the middle,No level wind thumb needed,I want another two if you ever have more made.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: surfcaster on April 26, 2018, 01:14:38 AM
Hi Randy, I Finally got to fish the reel over past few days (Spring is over a month late this year)it is Awesome ! Great drop reel holds plenty of 50lb braid & topshot ,Line  lays perfect in the middle,No level wind thumb needed,I want another two if you ever have more made.

Thanks for letting me know Richie.  Nothing makes my day like a happy customer!

I am hoping to make another run of the T4N1 kits in July.  If that works for you, what colors would you like?

Thanks again,

Randy