Cayucos pier and surf recommendations

Started by pjstevko, December 29, 2017, 06:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjstevko

I'll be on the coast for a few days in early January and the wife said I could spend a few hours fishing.... The plan is to drive down to Cayucos so she can do some birding while I fish.....I was thinking of fishing around the pier using artificial baits and lures.

Anyone got any intel for me to optimize my chances?

alantani

i happen to know for a fact that there is excellent bird watching all along the coast.   ;)  well, everywhere except the pier.  this would be a great opportunity to do some recon for us!  from cayucos, drive north and stop at every opportunity.  hop the fences or go through the gates, check out the local cliffs and beaches for birding (and fishing) spots and let us know!  we need some shore fishing spots for rockfish this winter!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

pjstevko

Quote from: alantani on December 29, 2017, 06:42:34 PM
i happen to know for a fact that there is excellent bird watching all along the coast.   ;)  well, everywhere except the pier.  this would be a great opportunity to do some recon for us!  from cayucos, drive north and stop at every opportunity.  hop the fences or go through the gates, check out the local cliffs and beaches for birding (and fishing) spots and let us know!  we need some shore fishing spots for rockfish this winter!

I on it!