NOS Penn metal drag washers

Started by STRIPER LOU, December 29, 2017, 11:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STRIPER LOU

Dumb question,  .... several hundred of these metal washers are available to me and are believed to be NOS for the 113H. Without physically seeing them, other than I know they don't have a brass finish, could they be plated or are they more than likely SS? My guess is they've been around for a while.

I try never to pass these up if they are a good deal as I have a power lapping machine available to me and I can take them down perfectly flat to just about any thickness within reason in fairly short order.

If I ever get some time available, I'll just build a compound die to stamp these out for in house use.

Any comments are appreciated and thanks,  ..  Lou

STRIPER LOU

foakes

Typically, Lou --

What I find is either old school brass or SS.

Both are good -- SS disburses any heat a little better, as well as holding up better with less tendancy to deform like brass under a heavy stress.

If they are a good value, and new -- you could not go wrong with either.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

STRIPER LOU

Thanks Fred, I wasn't sure as I have some here that are chrome plated. I'm going to grab them.

Appreciate the input and have a great evening,  ..  Lou