UPDATE: Spinfisher V 9500 vs. 9500ss

Started by xjchad, December 31, 2017, 10:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xjchad

Quote from: Alto Mare on January 07, 2018, 01:17:09 AM
Quote from: handi2 on January 06, 2018, 11:33:05 PM
Do you remember me telling you to look under the spool and if you see gold its the latest drag system available. You did good! I have 3 of them now just because.

The 9500SS has one drag surface under the spool and one up top. I wouldn't even count the one up top.

The SSV has 3 drag surfaces under the spool and the one up top. That's the difference in the drag numbers.
If you look closely under the hood, it should really be the other way around, that SSV would be much better off. :)

Chad, the parts should get to you by Monday or Tuesday.

Sal

Thank you Sal!!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

xjchad

Received and installed the newer drag knob today.  I really like that it has the rubber seal, and maybe it's just me, but it feels like it has a stronger spring in it as well.  I like it!  ;D

Alto Mare

Quote from: xjchad on January 09, 2018, 12:08:42 AM
Received and installed the newer drag knob today.  I really like that it has the rubber seal, and maybe it's just me, but it feels like it has a stronger spring in it as well.  I like it!  ;D
That was fast Chad, but then again, no one could beat Scott's on shipping, or great service.
Me, I'm getting a little worried. I dropped off over $400 worth of reels in the drop off box at the post office, your package was there as well.
I'm usually able to track the items the next business day, as of now, nothing yet :-\...we'll see...

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

xjchad

Quote from: Alto Mare on January 09, 2018, 12:41:35 AM
Quote from: xjchad on January 09, 2018, 12:08:42 AM
That was fast Chad, but then again, no one could beat Scott's on shipping, or great service.
Me, I'm getting a little worried. I dropped off over $400 worth of reels in the drop off box at the post office, your package was there as well.
I'm usually able to track the items the next business day, as of now, nothing yet :-\...we'll see...

Sal

$400?  I'd be worried too Sal  ???
Sometimes USPS can drop the ball for a day or two.
Here's hoping they get it straightened out soon!
I'm not in a hurry, but I hope you can at least get the peace of mind of know where all that stuff is at!

RowdyW

The U S Postal service is really getting screwed up lately. I ordered a large spinning reel from China to use as a trolly reel & it got to the U.S. in less then 2 weeks. It left Customs in Chicago & arrived in Jacksonville, FL. 6 days later, then it went south to Miami when tracking said it was headed to Pompano Beach, FL. which took 6 more days. Then it went north to P.B. which took 5 more days to go less then 40 miles north. Maybe we should include a map for the P O to find it's way.  :P

FatTuna

Drop off box...... Yikes. I learned that lesson that hard way years ago. You have to get them scanned while the post office is open. That way you get tracking instantly. If you just put them in the box, there is no way to prove you ever sent them. If someone takes them or they get lost, you are SOL. You can also just print the labels on your computer and put them on the front porch. The mailman will grab them and scan upon pickup.

Alto Mare

I hear you FatTuna and you're absolutely correct.
Unfortunately time is pressing on us at times, leaving very little options.
I've been using that box for the past 10 years with no issues to report.
I'm good now, tracking on all boxes is now showing and they're on schedule.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

xjchad

Quote from: Alto Mare on January 09, 2018, 09:44:53 AM
I hear you FatTuna and you're absolutely correct.
Unfortunately time is pressing on us at times, leaving very little options.
I've been using that box for the past 10 years with no issues to report.
I'm good now, tracking on all boxes is now showing and they're on schedule.

Sal

Glad to hear it Sal.
Thanks again!

xjchad

Sal,
I got your package today, all I can say is THANK YOU for your generosity!! ;D
I also received the titanium AR kit from Adam, and can't wait to get all the parts installed and put it to the test on a big grinner or ray!

Alto Mare

I'm glad it finally made it to you, enjoy it!

Sal

xjchad

Well I installed the bailless kit and beautiful handle from Sal and also Adam's awesome AR kit yesterday during nap time.  Had the older two kids helping me disassemble a couple other small Penn conventionals too.  Didn't get any pics yet, but you're all familiar with what these parts look like.  I ordered a new pinion bearing from MysticParts.com since the rotor seems to have a slight bit of wobble to it.  Maybe this is normal??
I'll post pics when I swap bearings.

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"

Alto Mare

Chad, there is a possibility you might get the same results with the new pinions, a little wobble is normal on these. Of course if it has been fished hard it could very well need a new pinion, but  since I do not have that reel in hand, I couldn't tell.
Let us know it it helps afterwards, also, make sure the rotor nut is really snug.

Best,

Sal