Penn spinners models

Started by Donnyboat, January 01, 2018, 11:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnyboat

Hi everyone, can anyone give me a list of Penn spinners mdels, I am seeing some Penn advertised on, a local trade site, Penn SS, Penn SSM & so on, thanks in advance, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

handi2

Doing this is the the "Spinfisher" series of Penn reels only. There are many other Penn spinning reels.

https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Spinning.aspx#SpinfisherFamily

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackles old online store over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Donnyboat

Keith I think your name is, stand correcting though, thanks for your quick reply, very handy info, could you comment on witch reels would be the more robust, such as the thousand series or the hundred series reels, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Bryan Young

Hi Don,

What size are you looking at?

The SS series with 3 numbers precede it are metal bodied reels. The SS series the 4 numbers precede it are normally metal bodied but a few are graphite. 

The SSg are graphite bodied reels.

And there is the Torq spinners...ooh, nice...

Not sure if this helps or not.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

RowdyW

Quote from: Bryan Young on January 02, 2018, 01:34:48 PM

The SS series with 3 numbers precede it are metal bodied reels. The SS series the 4 numbers precede it are normally metal bodied but a few are graphite. 

Bryan
Bry, I have a SS with 5 numbers.  ;D ;D              Rudy

Bryan Young

Quote from: RowdyW on January 02, 2018, 04:50:07 PM

Bryan
Rudy, you would... :D

Are there SSs with 5 numbers?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

RowdyW

Quote from: Bryan Young on January 02, 2018, 05:01:49 PM

Bryan
Bry, I have a SS with 5 numbers.  ;D ;D              Rudy
Rudy, you would... :D

Are there SSs with 5 numbers?
The SSV 10500   :D

Alto Mare

Bryan

I never saw a SS with 5 numbers, the SSV is a completely different reel😙
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

RowdyW

Sal, but it is called a Spinfisher & is designated SS V (#5) & 10500 is 5 numbers.

Alto Mare

Quote from: RowdyW on January 02, 2018, 07:22:34 PM
Sal, but it is called a Spinfisher & is designated SS V (#5)
So you should have said I have the SS  V (#5) . The SS with 5 numbers and the SS number 5 has different meaning.
Not even sure why i'm tying, you will find a way to come up on top ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

RowdyW

My way of thinking is if Ford Motor Co. built a P/U F 150 with a different body style & a new model engine isn't it still a F 150?   It was all said with a little humor.  ;D I meant 10500 was five numbers.

Alto Mare

Don, Not everyone has the same view on these.
Keith pretty much covered all spinners, just click on the link and scroll down.
If I was looking, I would grab any from the 1st generation, 2nd generation and 3rd generation... you can't go wrong there.
The slammer is also a good reels, but harder to get parts for.

If I had the $$, I would skip all mentioned above and go with the other generation...the Torque. .

Of course, just my opinion.
Cheers!

Sal

Donnyboat

Thanks every one for all your replies, I was looking @ a 850ss the chap wanted AU $30.00, thanks again for all the help, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

handi2

If that reel is in good shape with all bronze gears it surely worth that amount. Parts are getting scarce but if its very nice it will last your lifetime. Ive never worn one out :D
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Donnyboat

Keith, thanks again, I haven`t see the reel in person yet, maybe inspecting it, this coming week, photos look good though, I also brought a Penn master Mariner, on ebay Australia last week, it arrived yesterday, has a crack in the tail plate, that I could see before I bid for it, I should be able to fill the crack inside & out side with, Techni glue, the rest of the reel is really good, the rods look almost new, with the original reel I had, & this one, also quite a few part that Mike Currie donated to me free of charge, thanks again mike, I will have 1 reel to fish with & one schmick reel, for my collection. cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat