Everols

Started by Shark Hunter, January 02, 2018, 01:23:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cwillis85

I agree with adding the washer, just need to find it, more accurately, find time to look for it.

I am also a fan of the simplicity of the handle, it compliments the reel well in my opinion.

It just is a hand worked piece, so the corners aren't quite symmetrical and the epoxy gave me fits, but overall it looks good enough and I love it on this reel. Fits the era.

Thanks for the kind words, I am pleased with my bargain bin everol, can't wait to spool it up and fish it.
Chris

thorhammer

Very nice work Chris! Can you explain how you did the knob shaft? I've been wanting to that with a piece of cherry from the cabin, and have the blade down, but haven't been able to come up with a shaft to my liking and I don't have a lathe (or lathe skill, more importantly).

John

Alto Mare

Beautiful job Chris and you've used simple tool to create it. I like it very much, it would look great on any reel.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

mhc

Nice work Chris - it looks good, it's functional and has your personal touch. Don't get hung up on the slight imperfections, that's the signature of hand made pieces.

Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

cwillis85

John, the shaft is simply a bolt. I epoxied it in the blade and cinched it with a nut. I then epoxies the threads up to where the nut would thread on. Took and sanded and polished the bolt and epoxy smooth. Only time will tell for strength but I believe it will be fine, it feels stout. Worse case I will keep the spare original I have on order in the tackle box for emergencies but this will get this beauty fishing. I wish I had a better design for that shaft though
Chris

thorhammer

Noted, thanks. let me know how it does. I've been hunting really beefy binding posts  / screws for a log time, and found some SS, but not really configured exactly how I want. I love the knife-style tang in it. thats bad to the bone.

bhale1

X2 on what John said....love that handle. I only have one custom made hunting knife, and that handle reminds me of it! I'd rather catch a fish on something I made, than the fanciest aftermarket handle ever!!!! ....same way  I felt when I used to fly fish much more...simple satisfaction catching a nice trout on something I created!! Great job!
Brett

Shark Hunter

The day has finally Come!
Iron Man!!!!
Life is Good!

54bullseye

She is a beauty !!!  Did you see the one on the bay ???   John Taylor

Swami805

Impressive doesn't begin to describe it, That's insane Daron
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Jerseymic

That is some mighty fishing tool buddy.

Mike.

broadway

Congrats on iron man, D!
You may have to come out with an Avengers set.
Enjoy your newest, bad boy pal.
Good things come to those who wait.
Dom

Alto Mare

What a beaut! I know you didn't put him down yet, if you did, you probably picked it right back up. ;D
I feel your excitement buddy...enjoy that beast!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

thorhammer

whoa Nelly! time for new profile pic with double dumbells!

cwillis85

That definitely looks worth the wait. What a beauty
Chris