Started by Shark Hunter, January 02, 2018, 01:23:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tightlines667

Good things come to those who wait!*

*and work hard, and plan
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

gstours

Darron it's a great day for you,  we ❤️ love to see what's she,lol do🐟🐟🤙🎣🧜‍♂️  Thanks for the pictures.  Now that is a Tank.   Keep healthy,  go do it,👍

Shark Hunter

Chris,
At first glance, I didn't think the handle would work on your 6/0.
Turning it over reveals a unique design. It must be cast in a mold. It also has the cool set screw with the collar like all my Everol's.
Hopefully Paolo will send your drag kit that was forgotten. If not, I will reimburse you the cost.
I made out like a Bandit on this reel and its only fair.
I showed it to the Wife, on the condition she wouldn't ask the cost.
She Said " I stopped asking that a long time ago". ;D
Dealing with the Factory saved me almost 50%.
Life is Good!

bhale1

Daron,
Wow, that sure is sweet! As mentioned before, I assume a new avatar pic will be coming along shortly. I'm not psychic, but I see a big shark pic coming along soon also....has to happen to such a good guy....best of luck!
Brett

Shark Hunter

My Avatar was my first and only Selfie.
I can't hold the Camera with two Monsters.
I will figure something out.
Thank You Brett.
I worked hard for this one.
Four months of emails, two 60 hour weeks for payment and When it was ready,
Italy had a 22 year Flood that was devastating the Country.
Italian Post was Down. My Man Paolo sent it Express DHL and they delivered it right to my door in a week.
I am a lucky Man to know such good people.
That goes to everyone here. ;)
It is just a reel, The Biggest and most Powerful manufactured Today, but it was designed by me and built 5000 miles away by a true friend and his Father, Giovanni.
This reel is Special, not just because it is an Everol.
It was Made by true Craftsman that Believe in their Product and Heritage, instead of doing it for only profit. ;)
Life is Good!

cwillis85

Sweet, I saw the handle in your earlier pics and was thinking the same, that's not right, but it definitely looks like it will fit the bill. Very cool looking too, guess I will just have to see how it feels compared to mine that I built to decide which is going on the reel.

Thanks again Daron, I know this all wasn't a walk in the park for you.
Chris

Rivverrat

A very nice reel ! Having several rare qualities. 

D you plan to fish it ?  ... Jeff

Shark Hunter

Yes,
One Day I will.
I bring a 12 and 14/0 Senator on every trip to the coast.
They have yet to be tested on a Big Shark.
I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing until they are.
The 18/0 Everol will be the first one to hit the beach after that.
The Godfather.

Life is Good!

Rivverrat

Daron, if I had the desire to both own & use goliath size  reels I would want both of the big ones you have.

But that 18/0 Is my favorite of the ones you have. The Everolls are just very classy reels. In an Old World way.

If that makes any sense... Jeff

Shark Hunter

It does Jeff. ;)
Life is Good!

mo65

That photo is a man on a mission...love those reels Daron! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

broadway

That's an avatar worthy shot to say the least  8)
I have to agree with John's modification of that famous quote.  "Good things come to those who wait... work hard and plan!"
You earned it, pal
Dom

bhale1

Daron,
Yeah baby, that's what I'm talking about!!!! Double fisted new avatar pic!  The Shark Hunter is raising the bar! Expected nothing less, but now I anxiously await a pic of a big toothy critter caught on the "Iron Man", you've put in the time, you've prepared, and now I predict a big one for you next time out!!!! Best of luck!!!
Brett

Shark Hunter

I'm still waiting on your drag kit Chris.
It is on the way, but without a tracking number, I am in the dark.
Paolo said he is trying.
If it was sent DHL like my reel,
They just sit on it waiting for the customs to be paid, without contact.
DHL is fast, but their customer service really sucks.
All I know for sure, is that it was sent air mail.
It is in the country somewhere. ::)
I was worried about the Iron Man, because Italy had some of the worst weather they have ever had.
The streets were flooded like rivers. Mudslides and Devastation.
I did not know it was sent DHL and it was sitting in a hub not 10 minutes from my house for three days before I received the tracking information. I finally figured out how to pay the Customs Waybill online and it came to my door the next day.
It can be frustrating, but the $1500 savings was worth it. ;)
Paolo is doing the best he can. I can respect that.
If it would have come regular mail, there would have been no fee. DHL is capitalizing on that. It was only $100.
I can accept it. Custom fees are a big question mark until you roll the dice.
Of all the Everol's I have bought from the factory, this one was the first I had to pay a custom's fee.
Its all hype.
I will gladly pay it again, because it made it 5,000 miles in four days instead of two months regular mail and it skips all the Custom's wait in New York or Chicago.
I'll keep you posted Brother.
Daron
Life is Good!

ReelFishingProblems

Almost every time this thread pops up I search the auction sites to see what's available and what it costs. Right now an old 4/0 at a reasonable price (?) but there is also a newer 20/0 in black! I'm not sure if it's a good price or not, but man it looks cool. Not associated with it at all, just thought it was pretty clean looking
Nick