alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Open Seats Live Bait Albacore Aug 23,24,25 2018
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
August 14, 2018, 11:33:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Open Seats Live Bait Albacore Aug 23,24,25 2018  (Read 3211 times)
Maxed Out
Keep Clam !!
Webmaster

« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2018, 11:06:20 AM »

Fantastic Lee, looking forward to hanging out with you and maybe a few tuna catching lessons too

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!
Hardy Boy

« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2018, 07:19:21 AM »

Look forward to meeting and fishing with you Lee. We can chat Northern salmon fishing .

Cheers:

Todd

Todd
swill88
Photo Group

« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2018, 08:28:56 AM »

I can't wait for this trip.  Looking forward to meeting everybody.

Last time I was on an albacore trip was in the mid 80's on a 5 day on the New Lo-an out of San Diego.  Think I used a Jigmaster but CRS. We got into a few schools and it was a frenzy.

What are your ideal setups for Westport albacore? what are you bringing?

Steve

Hope I don't peak too soon  Smiley Smiley Smiley

« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 08:29:37 AM by swill88 » Logged
Hardy Boy

« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2018, 08:40:40 AM »

Ted said the boat has really good gear. I might load up one of my tricked out (double dog, drag upgrade and handle) TLD 15's with 30 lb mono and bring it along. I'm not sure about rods but I have a 20 lb six foot rod I might bring or put it on a boat rod. Looking forward to this as well. I've caught albacore tuna here in BC but always trolling.

Todd

Todd
Maxed Out
Keep Clam !!
Webmaster

« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2018, 09:04:01 AM »

I have only 2 words to describe an all out frenzy on live bait with everyone hooking up within seconds of putting bait in the water.....

......spine tingling  Wink  Wink

whalebreath

« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2018, 07:59:30 PM »

There is a reluctance to use Spectra in the PNW charter fleet but Tom (Pacific Dream) let me use 100' topshots.....
That's what I'll be doing.
I just could not help myself and I just picked up the last seat.
Well done!
Ted said the boat has really good gear. I might load up one of my tricked out (double dog, drag upgrade and handle) TLD 15's with 30 lb mono and bring it along.
Rarely been on a charter/with any lodge that had gear that was as well looked after as mine and that's why I own gear is to use it.

Bring your own there's only 10 fishermen so there'll be lots of room for  your stuff.
Maxed Out
Keep Clam !!
Webmaster

« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2018, 08:42:15 PM »

I'll be on the same charter a few weeks before this one and will find out more exact info on the boat rods. I do recall that the reels are all new accurates and the rods are short limber shimano

jzumi

« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2018, 04:10:32 PM »

I have only 2 words to describe an all out frenzy on live bait with everyone hooking up within seconds of putting bait in the water.....

We got into a really hot boil on the way to Benitos a number of years ago and it was during a pretty massive hurricane swell.  I landed a half dozen or so and then distinctly recall being on the port rail when the swell lifted the rail and I got to look straight down the deck at the other fishermen all hooked up on the starboard rail that was almost dipping into the sea.  Everyone was having so much fun following their fish, crossing under, going under, yelling for a gaff, etc. that no one noticed how much the boat was rocking.  Not a one of us cared.
swill88
Photo Group

« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2018, 04:35:37 PM »

We got into a really hot boil on the way to Benitos a number of years ago and it was during a pretty massive hurricane swell.  I landed a half dozen or so and then distinctly recall being on the port rail when the swell lifted the rail and I got to look straight down the deck at the other fishermen all hooked up on the starboard rail that was almost dipping into the sea.  Everyone was having so much fun following their fish, crossing under, going under, yelling for a gaff, etc. that no one noticed how much the boat was rocking.  Not a one of us cared.

You're scaring me jzumi
Maxed Out
Keep Clam !!
Webmaster

« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2018, 10:07:18 AM »

Just got great news....

......the albacore are here and not far offshore. In fact the lady at the charter office said "the albacore are really close in"

I'll be in Westport in a couple weeks and will get some first hand reports to post up

Hope everyone is getting excited.... I know I am and even more so with the current reports coming in

Ted

Keta
D'oh!

Klamath Falls, OR US

« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2018, 12:20:27 PM »

I saw a report that albacore size BFT were coming in on commercial boats out of Garibaldi. 

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain
Hardy Boy

« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2018, 01:06:45 PM »

The date won't get here soon enough ! I guess I have to put up with salmon and halibut fishing until then  Cheesy. The guys up here get the odd yellow tail and the odd small BFT when chasing tuna. Do they get the odd exotic down there?

Cheers:

Todd

Todd
Keta
D'oh!

Klamath Falls, OR US

« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2018, 09:11:46 AM »

YT and dorado show up occasionally and I saw a jumping marlin off of Depoe Bay years ago.

Here is one of the YT I got off of Oregon.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 09:26:39 AM by Keta » Logged

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain
Vintage Offshore Tackle
Photo Group

« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2018, 10:57:22 AM »

YT and dorado show up occasionally and I saw a jumping marlin off of Depoe Bay years ago.

Here is one of the YT I got off of Oregon.

That's a rare one Lee!
swill88
Photo Group

« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2018, 11:04:00 AM »

Out of Ft. Bragg yesterday.  23 Albacore as close as 25 miles on the Rather Be Luck
Shelter Cove, Eureka.

Wish I was going.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: