Main Menu

Sockeye salmon

Started by Reel 224, January 26, 2018, 02:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

David Hall

I like mine at about 3-1/2 minutes total cook time.  Yeah baby!

Reel 224

We decided to cook the filet tomorrow night, after getting all of these good recipes I will have to come up with one I am comfortable with doing for the first time. Tune in tomorrow for the results.

Joe 
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Maxed Out

Montreal steak seasoning is excellent on salmon too. Sprinkled on lightly with nothing else. bbq or oven depending on the weather
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Keta

Quote from: Maxed Out on January 27, 2018, 01:33:39 AM
Montreal steak seasoning is excellent on salmon too. Sprinkled on lightly with nothing else. bbq or oven depending on the weather

That sounds good, if I get lucky and catch a springer I will try it.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Reel 224

Guys first of all thanks for your recipes. I cooked the Samoan last night using a bit of two recipes from you'll and it turned out fantastic! If do say so myself. ;) I used Orange,Brown sugar, Salt&Pepper, and a little of granulated garlic.

Here is the pictures..............Joe

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Tiddlerbasher

Keta

Mark Twain

El Pescador

Quote from: Reel 224 on January 28, 2018, 03:59:42 PM
Guys first of all thanks for your recipes. I cooked the Samoan last night using a bit of two recipes from you'll and it turned out fantastic! If do say so myself. ;) I used Orange,Brown sugar, Salt&Pepper, and a little of granulated garlic.
..........Joe   

Joe,

Photos don't always tell the full story, my recommendation is to pack up the remaining salmon, put it on dry ice and send it to me here in California,

I will share with Alan, Bryan, Dominick and the rest of the Morro Bay Gang and we will report back to you on our after-meal thoughts! ;D

Seriously, I will do that for you!!! ;)

LOOKS GREAT!!!!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Reel 224

Quote from: El Pescador on January 28, 2018, 05:39:03 PM
Quote from: Reel 224 on January 28, 2018, 03:59:42 PM
..........Joe   

Joe,

Photos don't always tell the full story, my recommendation is to pack up the remaining salmon, put it on dry ice and send it to me here in California,

I will share with Alan, Bryan, Dominick and the rest of the Morro Bay Gang and we will report back to you on our after-meal thoughts! ;D

Seriously, I will do that for you!!! ;)

LOOKS GREAT!!!!

Wayne

Wayne: I would love nothing more then to share that with you guys, but we finished that filet in one meal with rice and peas. When we cook it again I'll make sure I cook two for sharing. OK? Thanks again for you guys help.

I will smoke one with alder and brine it with Brown sugar and see how that comes out also.

Joe   

Reel 224

keta: Did it taste as good on the monitor ;) ;D

Joe

Keta

Tasted like cat sneezes and greasy fingers.

Mark Twain

Reel 224

Quote from: Keta on January 28, 2018, 07:35:00 PM
Tasted like cat sneezes and greasy fingers.

;D ;D ;D....Now that's what I thought. My cat is always on my desk.

Joe