Daiwa 100X Spinner Question

Started by Smols, January 06, 2018, 04:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smols

This small Daiwa 100X spinner has an oscillating slider pin that is bent in the middle.

The schematic does not indicate that it should be bent, but the reel worked fine before disassembly and I can't imagine the force that it would have had to endure to bend this pin.

Does anyone know this reel?

Bryan Young

I would straighten it. Probably dropped reel.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

The Fishing Hobby

I have run across several oscillation arm pins that have been bent over the years. I have always just straightened them and not had any problems (knock on wood).

happyhooker

Unless bent so badly that the strength of the pin has been compromised (i.e., it breaks when you try to straighten), this pin should not be subject to high stress & should work after being bent back (or easy enough to replace).

Frank

basto

Quote from: The Fishing Hobby on May 22, 2018, 12:55:00 AM
I have run across several oscillation arm pins that have been bent over the years. I have always just straightened them and not had any problems (knock on wood).

What he said is good advice. Have had old Daiwas and Shakespeares with this system and a bit of straightening up seems to fix the problem.
Basto
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n