On the road again.

Started by Ron Jones, October 06, 2018, 07:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Jones

On the road to Lee's. And so it begins.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

alantani

drive safe.  you have your passport, right?   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Porthos

Take care coming through L.A.

Keta

Ron is still asleep and I'm about to get him up.  We will be on the road some time after 06:00.

Quote from: Porthos on October 07, 2018, 02:32:15 AM
Take care coming through L.A.

YUP!
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Wally15

Heading out for the 3 hour drive to Atlanta. See you guys in about 12 hours. Safe travels.
Looks like I'm trading Hurricane Michael for Hurricane Sergio.
Peaches
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Frank

Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

scrinch

Dominick

So what is the story.  I looked at the weather reports on hurricane Sergio and it looks like it will touch the shore about mid way up the Baja Peninsula.  It looks like the drive from 6:00 a.m. from Saratoga south to San Diego should get the crew to SD by early evening.  The SOA leaves tomorrow a.m. for points Southwest of SD which is heading into the hurricane.  The big question is where does the captain intend to fish and with the weather conditions changing quickly do they have an alternate route to get to fishing grounds?  Anyone know the answer?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

The weather looks nice for outside San Clemente Island and the Cortez and Tanner Banks for Tuesday afternoon through Friday morning, and then it looks like it should be beautiful weather down below for the rest of the trip beginning Saturday.   I would guess that that they will be fishing to the west through Thursday and then head south.

Tom McKinney

Alan sent email to remind us to bring CA licenses if we have them so we will probably be fishing CA waters for a day before heading south. Could still have time to fish the ridge etc. After bigger bluefin hunt up here. IIRC there are YT on those banks as well.

Swami805

Lots of oppurtunities close to San Diego now to fish a couple days then burn for points south. Most of all have fun!
Do what you can with that you have where you are