Handle upgrade for small Penn reels

Started by thorhammer, January 07, 2018, 09:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

Overlooked is the 24s-310.  SS blade, big ergonomic knob, about fifteen bucks. The short throw is great on Squiddies and other smaller gear reels to get some speed in retrieve. You're not tuna / grouper fishing anyway.  Next up will be my Mag 10's with this handle.

xjchad

Husband, Father, Fisherman

MarkT

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

mo65

Bravo! I never thought about that handle on a Mag 10...sure looks to be a dandy. I'll have to try one. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

thorhammer

100 percent better than 24-155.  Stronger actually.

PacRat

Where do you get the 24s-310? I've been looking for one and Scott's doesn't have them.
Mike

wfjord

I've been keeping an eye out for a handle upgrade to go on my Mag 10 and Squidder. That looks like it might be the one.

thorhammer

thorhammer

Quote from: PacRat on January 07, 2018, 11:44:40 PM
Where do you get the 24s-310? I've been looking for one and Scott's doesn't have them.
Mike

They came from Scott's in the last couple of weeks. Look at 310 schematic. PN on handle is 24S-310 but I think the actual listing may be different as Mark pointed out.

PacRat

John,
Thanks for the heads-up on these. I've been looking for them for several months now. I have one on Tom's Squidder but I couldn't remember where I got it.
Mike

thorhammer

I've tried several handle upgrades or whatever but for Tom's Squiddef I'm sold after chunking it in the yard today.

Jigtosser

X2, I too, have not seen them. I would think that this will be the perfect Squidder handle.
I have 2 that will be rebuilt this winter and will be using this handle.....

JRD

Thanks for pointing these out.  Bought two, for a 109 and 200.  Ordered 2 more for a mag 10 and 100