Hello New Here from Corona, California

Started by TannerCortes, January 09, 2018, 10:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TannerCortes

Thank you Alan for setting this up.

Many of us including me own reels we purchased because they were solid platforms to begin with.
Keeping them in tip top shape is difficult and I'm soooo glad I found this forum.
Thanks so much!

Hans Yune aka "tannercortes"

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

ReelFishingProblems

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

foakes

Welcome aboard, Hans --

We are also glad you found your way here!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Gobi King

Welcome from sunny West MI ;-)

I spent many years in Riverside next to Mission Inn. My first time down there was when the 4wheel camper factory was there before they moved to NoCal.

Tell us the story behind the little fish you are holding in the pic pls.
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

Tiddlerbasher

Hi from the UK :)

gstours

Welcome to the Best Friendly Fishing Forum.   I love your avatar picture,  could you tell us the story? :)        gst.

happyhooker

Benni3

TannerCortes

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome here!  Happy New Year!
Gobi King, what the heck you doing out in sunny MI?  Don't you miss the hot dusty IE?

The Bluefin tuna in the avatar is a fish I caught 3 days before Thanksgiving 2017.

This fish is really special to me because I hooked and landed it on a custom rod I built.  
I hadn't really plan to finish the rod till the following year, thinking the season was done.  

But in late November, the bigger grade tuna made a nice showing at the 60 mile bank and I just had to have a go at them.

Started and finished wrapping the rod the day before the trip.  Put 2 coats of epoxy on the guides the next 24 hours (2 cycles) and took
it with me on the boat a lil soft, lol.  SuperSeeker 63xxh paired with a Okuma Makaira 16 SEA 2 spd reel, rail rod configuration.

Next morning, the fished rolled in and I was fortunate to get bit using a fly-lined sardine, 3/0 Owner Circle Hook, 130# Blackwater Fluoro leader.
The rod was fantastic, fishing with 30# of drag, would lift the fish well. The Mak reel very solid as well.  Surprised that Okuma built this reel.

The fish taped out at 185 lbs.  It was delicious.  It's been a crazy last 4 years in California, with this grade of fish being so close to shore.  Hope it keeps up.
Hope you all get a chance to try for them in 2018.

Tight lines everyone!

David Hall

Welcome aboard and very nice fish.  Wish I had local access to them.