49 reel differences

Started by Noviceman, December 18, 2017, 02:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noviceman

Hi...Wondering about all the Penn 49 reels....I see 49, 49m, 49l and whatever there is out there...What are the differences?   Sure this has been addressed somewhere here but spent about an hour looking and cannot locate...Also I see a mariner 49 and super mariner 49//   the schematics I see look about the same for all?

As always appreciate help...

Thanks....Jim from Wisconsin..

Looks like our Green Bay Packers might be done for the year...but the sun still came up today..

mikeysm

Go to Scotts website. They have all the information you need.

Maxed Out

The 49 is a plastic spool model.....the 49M has a metal spool.....the 49L has aluminum spool.

Hope this helps

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Noviceman

thanks for the replies....always learning...Saw another post about the evolution of the end plates on some of the reels...Nice if they would just put the date mfg somewhere lol....

Bill B

Quote from: Noviceman on December 18, 2017, 09:07:43 PM
thanks for the replies....always learning...Saw another post about the evolution of the end plates on some of the reels...Nice if they would just put the date mfg somewhere lol....

If it was that easy we wouldn't be having so much fun  ;D collecting them.  The 49 is a fun model to research and collect....  h3# all the Penn's are fun to collect.... ;)   Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!