tool enhancement

Started by swill88, January 15, 2018, 10:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swill88

One of my favorite tools on the job has been these Knipex slip-joint pliers. Strong, light and with a locking feature which is a time saver.  Lots of use in construction and has the advantage of a very slim profile. Not cheap however.

Came across this accessory on a tool site I've used often.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Knipex-9K-58788-Jaw-Protectors-for-10-Cobra-and-Alligator-Pliers/162268232463?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I used to use a plastic tube over the jaws to protect the work. These are better.

steve

Alto Mare

Steve, im not telling you not to use those, if they're doing the job for you that's great.
I was using those as well, but found that they don't last very long. At times they will also come off when you're trying to hold the reel with the other hand.
One of our members showed us a simple solution, two piece of rubberhose cut about 1" long.
I still have that same set and it has been a while now.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

swill88

Good information Sal, thanks.  i just got them so I can't say how well they work. I did wonder why they are sold in a 5  pair pack.

we will see.

Tiddlerbasher

I use those Knipex pliers as well - luv em :)
If I need a soft contact I just cut off a couple of lengths of garden hose and slip 'em on the jaws ;)

Alto Mare

I need to look for those as well, I like the way the jaws lines up. I have many, but none as those.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.