White lithium grease in my Avets

Started by Timber Tech, January 09, 2018, 04:05:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

um, one question though.  did you put lithium grease on the drag washers?   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Timber Tech

alantani

ok, i'd get some cal's drag grease on the drag washers and generally clean up the reel inside.  it might be a good time to get rid of as much as the lithium stuff as you can and leave a light coat of yamaha grease inside afterall.   :-\

Timber Tech

Copy that Alan. I'm going to redo all of them. Heck. Springer fishing doesn't start for a few more weeks anyway so my dance card is open the next couple weekends.  ;D
Side note: I notice you don't grease your spool bearings, only corrosion x right? Will that last a season or do you need to re oil often?

Thanks again for the advise.

Bryan Young

Quote from: Timber Tech on January 12, 2018, 02:24:35 PM
Copy that Alan. I'm going to redo all of them. Heck. Springer fishing doesn't start for a few more weeks anyway so my dance card is open the next couple weekends.  ;D
Side note: I notice you don't grease your spool bearings, only corrosion x right? Will that last a season or do you need to re oil often?

Thanks again for the advise.

If you don't have Cal's grease, stop on by at SSS and we'll grease it up for you there.  Shouldn't take but a couple of minutes.

For spool bearings, we now use TSI301 or TSI321.  It bonds to the metal and it's such a great lubricant and rust inhibitor.  Also, if you don't have any of this, we can lube it for you at SSS.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

Keta

TSI is hard to get here in "the sticks", can you bring me 2 bollles of the non aresol when you come up?  If you have to have it shipped I can do it.  Yamaha grease also has to be shipped but I have plenty.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

festus

White lithium grease reminds me of Elmer's Glue.   ::)

Timber Tech

Okay guys, now you got me questioning my chores today. If I don't have TS301 will corrosion x work? If it does will it last a season or should I wait any get the other product? Soon my weekends will be full of fishing again and I won't get to fiddle with my reels until next winter.

alantani

Keta

I use Corrosion X because TSI is hard to get in KF, as Alan said above it is good stuff.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Timber Tech

Thanks. You guys are great. I may just make it to the SSS just to shake your hands.