Mitchell 3550

Started by grekim, January 11, 2018, 10:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grekim

Quote from: mo65 on January 13, 2018, 12:59:39 AM
  Way ta go...enjoy your reel! 8)

Can't wait for some warmer weather.  I am putting it on a 6 foot fiberglass Browning walleye rod.

Quote from: Midway Tommy on January 13, 2018, 01:09:03 AM
Well done!

My Daddy always said he never learned much when he did things right but he learned a lot when he made a mistake.  :D  I've always remembered that comment when I screw up, problem is the mind is getting too old to remember, sometimes, what I learnt.  ;D

Good advice.  And thanks guys for making this a place where you can talk about goof ups without feeling bad about it.

Quote from: foakes on January 13, 2018, 01:15:38 AM
Good job, Grekim!

Best,

Fred

And a vote of confidence from Fred is always good.
Educating fish on every trip

Bill B

Cool beans  brother G......after opening it myself, I would have thrown it in a coffee can and hid it in the basement......Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Alto Mare

You did good grekim! !t's always good to give it a shot, even when not sure of the outcome...good job!

Best,

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

grekim

Quote from: Bill B (Tarfu) on January 13, 2018, 03:34:47 AM
Cool beans  brother G......after opening it myself, I would have thrown it in a coffee can and hid it in the basement......Bill

LOL  :D

Quote from: Alto Mare on January 13, 2018, 04:06:06 AM
You did good grekim! !t's always good to give it a shot, even when not sure of the outcome...good job!

Best,

Sal

It was pretty much dirt cheap, so if it turned out to be a heap of parts so be it.   I figured the worst thing to happen was I'd have wasted a little time (and there are some that would say it was a waste of time regardless of the outcome).  I certainly don't see it that way  ;)

Educating fish on every trip

Midway Tommy

It's never a waste of time getting a spinning reel working fine and back into circulation, and even the experience of working on it counts for something!  ;)
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)