Look what I found!

Started by alantani, January 12, 2018, 07:30:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

Found this at the local shop!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

mhc

Very nice looking reel - keep it away from the baggage grinder.  :D

Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Rivverrat

That blue looks very cool. Makes me wish I could afford it right now & lived some place other than Kansas where I might actually need it... Jeff

Wally15

Do they have another one? That would look fantastic on the Carolina Blue rod that John (thorhammer) is building for me.
Miguelito
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Bryan Young

That is one beautiful color.  I have to see about getting me one or two or three of those...MAK16, MAK20, and MAK50
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

sdlehr

Sheesh, at first I thought this was going to be a post about Bryan's missing prototype that got lifted from the shop when getting line put on. It's still a good post but turned out to be a let-down after that....
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

thorhammer

Quote from: Wally15 on January 12, 2018, 11:30:51 AM
Do they have another one? That would look fantastic on the Carolina Blue rod that John (thorhammer) is building for me.
Miguelito

Yes indeed

MarkT

The blue is the current 'special' color like black used to be.  Gunmetal and silver are the standard colors. You can order them online from places like Charkbait and Pelagic Outfitters.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

alantani

Quote from: thorhammer on January 12, 2018, 03:17:40 PM
Quote from: Wally15 on January 12, 2018, 11:30:51 AM
Miguelito

Yes indeed

um, gentlemen, so what weight is that rod?  the mak 20 is typically rigged with 700 yards of 100 pound braid and a 25 yard topshot of 100 pound fluoro, with a strike drag of 35 pounds and up to 55 pounds at full.  there is a 16 and a 15 in the cabinet, for 80 pound and 60 pound, respectively.   :-\

thorhammer

Mike likes your UC so it it will be whatever one of those he wants. Originally we were building 40-80 range for his 16 vsx. 

Mike you have time to change if you wish. I'm finishing up Nick's rod for his 20 This weekend and then will be on to the Tarheel.  Lemme know. 

Question is, Alan did you take that home with you?

alantani

the reels are all still at the shop, so still available as far as i know.  i've got the tarheels colors as navy blue, carolina blue, silver and white.  the reel is not quite carolina blue, but it's kinda close, plus silver is silver, so no problem there.  a good 80 pound rig would be the united composites centaur and the blue mak 16.  the 100 pound rig would be the uc viper and the mak 20.  and finally the 130 pound rig would be uc invictus and the mak 50 (which we could certainly find).  this would give you 80, 100 and 130, more then a match for any tuna that you will ever come across.  

the ultimate combination for true southern gentlemen.   ;D

Wally15

Quote from: alantani on January 12, 2018, 06:32:24 PM
the reels are all still at the shop, so still available as far as i know.  i've got the tarheels colors as navy blue, carolina blue, silver and white.  the reel is not quite carolina blue, but it's kinda close, plus silver is silver, so no problem there.  a good 80 pound rig would be the united composites centaur and the blue mak 16.  the 100 pound rig would be the uc viper and the mak 20.  and finally the 130 pound rig would be uc invictus and the mak 50 (which we could certainly find).  this would give you 80, 100 and 130, more then a match for any tuna that you will ever come across. 

the ultimate combination for true southern gentleman.   ;D

"Southern gentlemen" is a real stretch, at least for me.  :D
Since the price of a 16 and a 20 is the same, think I'll opt for the 100 lb viper blank and the 20. I've got a couple of Penn 16 vsx's that handle my 80 lb workload. You OK with that, John?
Navy blue is about the same color as Duke Blue. No self respecting Tarheel would dare use that color. Although I grew up in Durham and was a Duke fan until I found out how much it cost to go to school there.  ;D

Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

alantani

ok, so i understand that navy blue, duke blue, carolina blue and baby blue are all different to you.  sort of like japanese, chinese, korean, vietnamese and thai to us.  but guys, we only have so many choices!!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

swill88

Quote from: alantani on January 12, 2018, 08:51:58 PM
ok, so i understand that navy blue, duke blue, carolina blue and baby blue are all different to you.  sort of like japanese, chinese, korean, vietnamese and thai to us.  but guys, we only have so many choices!!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You left out the Bruin's 'powder blue'

y

alantani

Quote from: swill88 on January 12, 2018, 09:06:30 PM
Quote from: alantani on January 12, 2018, 08:51:58 PM

You left out the Bruin's 'powder blue'

oy vey!!!!!    ;D