Does Mojo have a price

Started by David Hall, January 12, 2018, 09:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhc

Quote from: David Hall on January 13, 2018, 05:44:09 AM
I wonder if there's an ancient blessing for a bait box?

There are a few very old Australian bait cooler ceremonies David, they are all different in their own way but most involve beer, forgotten bait and blow flies.

Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Swami805

Hey Daron,I've seen your reports from your last few trips,maybe that shirt,hat and necklace aren't so lucky. I know how well prepared you are so it's not that. Maybe you need to add or remove something,you Know, mix it up a little. Just sayin! But I'm not superstitious,it's unlucky.

Hope you and the family are doing OK, trying times for sure.
Hijack over
Do what you can with that you have where you are

David Hall

After much googling my way into the wee hours of the night I found several, dati;g back to Ancient Greece that involves olive wreaths and a great deal of wine, to middle eastern involving the sacrifice of a cow or ox to a he goat hung from the mast. Common threads are much alcoholic beverage and choice seems to run the gamut from fermented honey to the best scotch whisky, and a blessing from a religious practitioneer.  Again the choice of religion is as varied as are the choice of beverage.  I think that Daron has been in touch with his spiritual side of late and the blessing he gave in his previous post should suffice to cover the religious aspect.  Thank you for that Daron, I know these are not the easiest of times for you and your family.  So this leaves me with only the act of blessing the baitbox with the liquids and I choose Scotch Whisky!  I happen to have a bottle handy of Angels Envy, except that it's Bourbon not Scotch.  I hereby grant a temporary equivelence that for the purpose of blessing this cooler with Mucho Mojo for this one time only, that Kentucky Bourbon will for no other reason than stated previously be an acceptable substitute for good Scotch Whisky. No other equivalence shall be considered as everyone knows Bourbon is just Bourbon while Scotch Whisky is, well.....Scots  Whisky!  Nothing left for me to do now except wait for the right time to drink the bourbon?