Trolling for King Salmon

Started by gstours, January 14, 2018, 06:39:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Here is a short clip of a nice king salmon I caught a little while back.  These are very good eating fish.  Healthy for you too.
     We were trolling the shoreline using a diver/planer and a plastic plug with some herring oil scent on it.   You,ll see!

Rivverrat

Love your vids & that was a nice fish ! ...Jeff

David Hall

That's a beauty Gary, looks like more of those king kandy at work?
Some day I want to see the whole fight, hookup to net.
Tied my first streamer tonight, getting excited about salmon season still about 105 days off plus or minus.

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

gstours

Thanks,  but we would not usually take the red cooler and add more wear and tear to it as we use mostly a pig of herrings.  Anyhow it's too small for ice and fish.  I've got a plywood box w rope handles that's long and skinny.  Pictures will follow.

Newell Nut

Nice one. If I had to pick one fish to eat the rest of my life that would be it. King Salmon is my favorite.

gstours

As there are different opportunitys for everywhere people live,  this is what I can do a lot in the winter/spring.   

jzumi

Thanks for sharing.  I can't wait for the next season, if we are lucky enough to get one this year.

gstours

Yes, the area where we live was closed all summer/fall for king salmon as "emergency measures" .   I,m glad I stayed home and sharpened my hooks.  This year might be better.  Fish cycles are always up and down,  Its a tough call and gets complicated when the biologist see,s one thing and the politician demands another and the fish and game is caught up in enforcing laws.   
   We should all be glad to go when we can and enjoy every day as it could be out last.   Live, Love and Fish.

The picture above is my daughter avout 25 years ago,  I wish we could do this togather again.   Butt kids grow up.  And sometimes way too fast. :-*