What side plates or frames would you want made that would get everyone on board

Started by mikeysm, January 14, 2018, 07:36:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeysm

Randy just had 4.0 narrow frames and spools made. They were sold before Tiburon even started to make them. So what do you think everyone wants that can be made for us. I for one see a need for aluminum Shimano TDL side plates. I am looking for everyone's opinion here to see if it is worth having done. Or is there something else that everyone would want.

Mike

ReelFishingProblems

Keta

A 114HNN would be beefed up 349.  I have complete sideplates waiting.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

thorhammer

Magnum anything.  12/0 frame.

I will put me and Daron for two 12/0 frames each. Clearly he might be working and hasn't seen this but I don't feel like I'm exactly going on a limb with that one lol. Unless he wants four which is quite possible. 

mikeysm

Randy wanted to do a 114 wide but maybe a narrow Frame is what we really need.

Mike

Swami805

These days with braid and line capacity not a big issue maybe magnum squidders and jigmasters for me.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

David Hall

Quote from: Swami805 on January 14, 2018, 09:25:43 PM
These days with braid and line capacity not a big issue maybe magnum squidders and jigmasters for me.

Me too!

mikeysm

Well squidder and jigmasters are everywhere. We all own several of them and plates and frames are everywhere. No need to make more of them. No one will buy them now. Alan C is building one already it should be here soon.

Mike

otownjoe

Magnum jigmaster with a spool that can handle the drag pressure of all the upgrades.

swill88

CooldadE

I would really like a 112HN !
I know they have been made but I missed the bus on that one ...
I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

Swami805

Not magnums
Quote from: mikeysm on January 14, 2018, 09:49:37 PM
Well squidder and jigmasters are everywhere. We all own several of them and plates and frames are everywhere. No need to make more of them. No one will buy them now. Alan C is building one already it should be here soon.

Mike
Do what you can with that you have where you are

conchydong

While I love Penns, I use a lot of TLDs for light to medium trolling, I have 2 TLD 15s, 2 -20s, 2- 25s, 2 30 2 speeds and  50 with a Willfish frame. I have had the single speeds since the early 90's and they still serve me well, so why replace them. I also would like to see more innovations for these reels as there are a lot of aftermarket products for the Penns and even Newells already. There are a ton of single speed TLDs as well as the 2 speeds, out there on the water and there might be a market for a upgrade as long as it doesn't add considerable weight to the reel as one of the plusses is that they are a relatively lightweight  trolling reel.

Scott

mikeysm

The TDL already have frames out there and plenty of parts. The side plates are the weak point of the reel. So it would benifit from aluminum plates. The 114 hnn frame would be a great choice also. I don't see making anymore smaller reel parts since Tom and Alan C have that already covered. You have to get so many people on board or it is just a waste of time. Anyway I was just throwing the idea out there anyway. You never know what people are willing to buy.

Mike

boon

TLD20/30 2-speed side plates.... but by the time you cost it out maybe you could just buy a Talica?